TCF Bank
www.tcfbank.com 500 to 999 Employees

TCF Sales Position

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at TCF Bank part-time for more than a year

ProsThey promote within, hours are pretty flexible, and you have several opportunities for monthly bonuses based on sales production. Your goals are attainable, you just have to push for accounts. Cross sell everyone, and take advantage of opportunities that present themselves.

Cons90 percent of the job is sales, if you miss your goal 2 months in a row you go on probation, miss again and you can be terminated. There is a lot of pressure to get accounts, but if sales is your thing it's not an issue. Their banking policies when it comes to fees are questionable, you might not always agree with what you have to enforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more upfront about your overdraft policies, more forgiving to first time offenders or customers in good standing. Work out the kinks with pending/posted transactions. More competitive base pay for tellers and supervisors.

One shady bank with shady practices all around the board!!!

Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at TCF Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Like everyone else I would agree the ONLY pro is the people you… Cons: Everyone at TCF does things against policy to get accounts. The Regionals Managers know what's going on because some have worked their way up so… Advice to Senior Management: You go in aisle and talk to people and see how… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great

Sales (Former Employee)
Waterford, MI

I worked at TCF Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great Staff and learning experience. Cons: Lots of overdraft fees so lots of unhappy customers. Advice to Senior Management: Do more and get more out of the sales employees More

There are newer reviews on TCF Bank.

Worked for TCF Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TCF Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TCF Bank CEO William Cooper. All reviews posted anonymously by TCF Bank employees.