There are newer employer reviews for TCF Bank

TCF Sales Position

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TCF Bank part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They promote within, hours are pretty flexible, and you have several opportunities for monthly bonuses based on sales production. Your goals are attainable, you just have to push for accounts. Cross sell everyone, and take advantage of opportunities that present themselves.

Cons

90 percent of the job is sales, if you miss your goal 2 months in a row you go on probation, miss again and you can be terminated. There is a lot of pressure to get accounts, but if sales is your thing it's not an issue. Their banking policies when it comes to fees are questionable, you might not always agree with what you have to enforce.

Be more upfront about your overdraft policies, more forgiving to first time offenders or customers in good standing. Work out the kinks with pending/posted transactions. More competitive base pay for tellers and supervisors.

247 Other Employee Reviews for TCF Bank (View Most Recent)

An interesting experience

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Denver, CO

I worked at TCF Bank part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun setting to work in and awesome location next to the University of Denver. The employees and bosses were all nice and polite as well.

Cons

The types of clients that this bank brings in are atrocious. They were typically homeless people and our upper management would want us to go out on the street and get people to sign up for checking accounts and offer them the $100. Of course all we got were homeless people or people you would never want having a bank account. Made no sense.

They need to re-evaluate what kind of clients they want to be appealing to.

Intern at TCF

I have been working at TCF Bank

Pros

Good exp and people, good pay

Cons

Not really I would think.

There are newer employer reviews for TCF Bank