There are newer employer reviews for TCU

Best place for a paid education

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TCU

Pros

The best place for a paid education

Cons

It is tough with a limited salary

Advice to Management

Better pay

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

TCU -- Come for the benefits, stay for the benefits. (Not the pay.)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TCU

Pros

Generous time off and holidays, good health insurance, extremely great education benefits (if you or your family members attend TCU), generally a positive place to work.

Cons

Below-market pay, very limited opportunities for promotions in support fields, some facilities are a bit lacking (although they're trying), low turnover means the pace of change can be glacial.

Advice to Management

Remember that while money isn't everything, 4 weeks annual vacation doesn't pay the rent. Consider shakeups in support departments that are lacking in management ability -- give the jobs to the people who can do them, not just the ones who've been there the longest.

2. Horned Frogs make for a great job!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TCU

Pros

Lots of fun, nice, friendly people to work with. Good benefits. The faculty are great, and the administration is pretty good. It's a university, so there are lots of great activities and classes you can attend. And tuition is free if you're full time! My favorite benefit is I can take off 2 hours each month that don't come out of my vacation or sick leave. It's specifically available for running errands or doctor's appointments. Awesome! Employees are very involved, love the school, and love the students. Everyone goes to football games and wears school colors. I love it here!

Cons

Some people complain about salary. Considering it's the most I've ever made in my career so far, I'm not complaining. It is a private institution, so don't expect millions. Also, as with any company with a "family" feel, there can be squabbles. I don't get involved in them, so it doesn't really bother me. It does happen though. No place is perfect!

Advice to Management

Develop the wellness program a bit more. Protect the endowment so we can keep working hard and doing our best.