Unappreciated and overworked!

Former Employee - Center Manager  in  Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Center Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TCi Tire Centers

Pros

Autonomy in decision making on the mid/junior level managers, you have a hand in every aspect of the business. I enjoyed the ability to negotiate deals, handle customer issues and manage a great sales force. In the center you are the HR manager, Sales Manager and Operations Manager, it has the potential to be a fantastic opportunity.

Cons

Three main problems: First there is no training that is worth your time and the little that is there is completely ineffective, the people training you are not trainers, they're volunteers and you basically watch them work in order to learn your job. You will have to learn as you go. Second, there is no identity as a company, so each location has no example from which to build or model itself off of which makes decision making at a high level convoluted and confusing. Third, they tend to solve problems by letting people go first, so if you inherit a location that has a poor history, you'll have a short window to turn it around.

Improve training you'll save yourself so much heartache and money in the future. Also employee work life balance is very poor, too much is asked of the employees in terms of hours and expectations. Spend some time developing the company identity so that there are solutions that can be more effective on every level and allow the spirit of decision making that exists in the store level stay there, instead of everything being run through the VP.

Other Reviews for TCi Tire Centers

False Promises and Changing Plans

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at TCi Tire Centers full-time

Pros

Great center managers who truely try to look out for the employees.
    Good health insurance program...very reasonable.
    Owned by Michelin which in turn helps for backing the tires we sell.

Cons

Constantly changing commission programs that are very hard if not impossible to hit each quarter...keep for paying the workers so that corporate can keep hiring more employees.
    Ridiculous increases in sales over previous years sales.
    Vehicle reimbursement program is difficult to understand and does not cover the costs of the driving we do since you must own a full size truck and you are regularly hauling tires in the truck.

Make sales goals obtainable and listen to your center managers as well as sales people since we are the ones that know what is happening in the field.

Great careers in a growing company

I have been working at TCi Tire Centers

Pros

Wholly owned my Michelin, so there is lots of financial backing for continued growth. Also a national company if you would like to relocate. Lots of autonomy at the regional level, so decisions are made quickly.

Cons

This company has also been hit hard by the recession that doesn't exist. The slow growth in tire sales worldwide has created an environment where cost cutting is the number one priority after employee safety.

Stay the course. The future looks bright once the economy turns.

There are newer employer reviews for TCi Tire Centers.

Worked for TCi Tire Centers? Contribute to the Community!