There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade

Great time working there

Former Employee - Retail Branch Intern  in  Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Retail Branch Intern in Baltimore, MD

I worked at TD Ameritrade part-time for less than a year

Pros

Gave me the freedom to work on my time, I got great experience through the internship. I came out much more comfortable talking about various securities, but also I got comfortable with dealing with clients and speaking with business professionals

Cons

I could tell when I first got there, that this branch does really deal with intern all that often and they weren't really sure how to handle me, and they did not always have work for me to do which lead to a good amount of down time.

develop an internship program for the retail branches

309 Other Employee Reviews for TD Ameritrade (View Most Recent)

TD Ameritrade Investor Services Intern

Former Employee - Intern  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TD Ameritrade as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Shadow all departments, flexible schedule, great work environment, competitive pay, gain knowledge of many segments in the brokerage industry.

Cons

Learning company's systems can be boring and repetitive.

Run...Run VERY fast!

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Omaha, NE

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The employees overall are nice to work with.
    They have good educational offerings
    They offer time off when it is slower

Cons

There are no opportunities for advancement. The only way you can advance is if you're a rock star in sales. The job is very stressful as you're stuck on a phone for the whole day. You're usually have to deal with irate clients as the website regularly has issues. You are literally managed down to the second, which takes micromanagement down to the cellular level. The job has moved to being focused entirely on sales which has created a "what have you done for me lately" culture. You are asked to sell products that aren't necessarily in the best interest of the client.

Care more about your employees and clients and less about the bottom line. Make employee appreciation more of a focus as most employees on the front line are miserable. Hire a few more teams to make wait times lower for clients and create a less stressful atmosphere for your employees. Improve your internal PR, for example, don't layoff employees and then announce a raise for the CEO to be followed by an email from higher-ups saying they were going to enjoy their time at something like the Indianapolis 500 all within the same day.

There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade

Worked for TD Ameritrade? Contribute to the Community!