TD Ameritrade

www.tdameritrade.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade

I like the company but I am not good with big corporate culture

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Southfield, MI
Former Employee - Financial Representative in Southfield, MI

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good solid company with an awesome trading platform. Management truly wants to help you succeed and will help whenever needed.

Cons

Sales quotas and commissions constantly a moving target. Drives me absolutely crazy when companies raise your sales quota, cut your commission and tells you they will replace you if you do not meet them. I am not motivated by this tactic but it is one that is commonly used in this industry. I finally had to get out and start my own company. I make 3 times the money with the same amount of stress but can take off whenever I want. (I hit the quotas btw but did not like the pressure from above, no different than any other brokerage though.)

You guys know the numbers and the squeeze may work on most people but not on me. I hit all of my sales goals but every quarter they get raised and pay gets cut. I get it, I am a business owner but when you tell your team (most of which hit the #'s) that they can be replaced it makes some of them check out. You spent a bunch of money training me and I walked out, sorry.

367 Other Employee Reviews for TD Ameritrade (View Most Recent)

Very good Company to work

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Omaha, NE

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Pay and Flexibility . NIce work culture

Cons

Poor middle management thwarts growth

Please be open with employers

Upper management is a little lost, and tend to undercut opportunities with poor decisions

Current Employee - Investment Consultant in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Investment Consultant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity for above average pay

Cons

That opportunity is typically over-sold to prospective employees. The reality is that they tend to over-hire and after recent restructuring they are without a decent corporate vision. Too many yes men without real vision have been pushed up to the highest levels of management.

New management has so far consistently failed to provide anything positive to the average employee. Virtually every dollar spent is on poorly thought out ideas that fail, and almost instantly convert into sunk costs. Just get out of the way.

There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade