TD Ameritrade

www.tdameritrade.com

Little Free-Thinking Welcome - Stay in the Box!!

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsExcellent benefits, good pay (if you negotiate well at hire), and rarely did I have to work OT.

ConsLike a lot of these reviews have said, middle management is a huge problem - and those above them may get a lot of the blame for encouraging this attitude with the rewarding of yes-men. I was actually told once that the new initiative I was working on would step on one of those middle manager's toes so I should stop. Many of us have many stories like this. You learn to just keep your mouth shut, toe the party line, do nothing outside the box, and look for another job if you'd like anything more from your career.

I'm sure there are good areas to work and good managers at this company, but in two positions in different areas of the organization I saw the same thing. Remember that this is a company with a history of massive layoffs, so the people in charge are the people who made it through, and so are often those who managed to toe the line and not cause any waves. These are the people in management.

Advice to Senior Management"Innovation" is more than just a word you can paint on the walls or hand out in flyers. So many associates are having their ideas suppressed every day. Though you say this isn't the case, we all have seen multiple people let go because they dared to speak up or challenge the status quo (or challenged "the wrong person").

Objective Review

I have been working at TD Ameritrade

Pros: Great benefits, some positions allow for a work life balance Cons: Upper management is disengaged from daily activities. Advice to Senior Management: Trust your staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I like the company but I am not good with big corporate culture

Financial Representative (Former Employee) Southfield, MI

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good solid company with an awesome trading platform. Management truly… Cons: Sales quotas and commissions constantly a moving target. Drives me absolutely crazy when companies raise your sales quota, cut your commission and tells you they… Advice to Senior Management: You guys know the numbers and the squeeze may work on most people but not on me. I hit all of my sales goals but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on TD Ameritrade.

Worked for TD Ameritrade? Contribute to the Community!