TD Ameritrade

There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade

Finance Intern - good opportunity if you're from the area

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Finance Intern in Omaha, NE

I worked at TD Ameritrade part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They do a really good job of giving you a 360 degree view of all of the company's operations at the corporate headquarters. You should get a lot of good experience. You actually get to have time on the phone with clients, even though you have very miniscule things you can actually discuss with them. You will give a presentation at the end to senior employees which is beneficial. Access to their trading platform which you will be able to keep after the internship. Overall, pretty good opportunity if you want to get into the financial services industry.

Cons

For me, not being from Omaha and moving there for the summer was the biggest downside. Not the best town in the world, no offense if you hail from there. If you do, however, and are spending a college summer at home with your folks anyways, jump on this internship if you have the chance, it will no doubt look great on your resume no matter what, it has gotten me into several interviews I didn't feel I would have gotten had I not done this internship.

Let interns choose where they want to focus their experience.

368 Other Employee Reviews for TD Ameritrade (View Most Recent)

Its not if you leave TDA its how.

Former Employee - Investment Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Investment Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The environment is a great starting point for anyone interested in the brokerage business. The pay structure is great and the training is excellent. Be prepared to produce or get out of the way for someone else.

Cons

There is no future in the position. The tenure among ICs is 3-8 years and there is no one retiring from the firm. Always be prepared to resign and be on the look out for bigger and better opportunities. They will grind all they can out of the broker.

Build a future for the reps.

opportunity for growth

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time

Pros

the people of TD are fantastic. the committment to their clients surpasses the industry and continues to grow every day.

Cons

recent leadership changes have left a temporary leadership void that will likely be fillled by talented new leaders.

invest more in the people and connect across all levels of the employee base.

There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade