There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade

They care about employees but there was a lot of Micro-management.

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Financial Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was a good company to work for, but I just didn't like my position. My manager was extremely nice and would try to give me one on one advise to help me improve my work performance. The health insurance was pretty good. There was opportunity for growth within the company which was nice.

Cons

There was a lot of push to do sales. Also, our call times and statistics were all micro-managed. It was a bit of a pain. They expected us to keep taking call after call without pausing at all. It was a very tedious job. The pay was very standard for the amount of work we had to do.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Overworked at an extremely stressful pace

Former Employee - Investment Consultant
    Former Employee - Investment Consultant

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large number of clients who need help. They pay for educational endeavors that relate to your career!

Cons

No one cares about anyone else. Clients that you have worked very hard for can get reassigned or changed to other reps without notice. Cold, cut-throat environment. I have no idea why some reviews suggest there is a good work/life balance. My experience was working occasional weekends and 12 hour week days, while getting in trouble if ever leaving before 6 PM. Absolutely horrible CRM and other tools. Technology is a joke.

Advice to Management

Most ICs are afraid to admit to upper management how they really feel because they fear reprisals. Do exit interviews. (Especially to those who were consistent top-performers.)

2. A good place to work for experienced professionals

Former Employee - Frontline Business - Manager Level
    Former Employee - Frontline Business - Manager Level

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is good. CEO is top notch and really has the organization focused on the right things. He's a smart and measured leader. Not over the the top, not holier the thou.

Cons

Both main businesses are in a state of change. Lot of new people in higher level roles. Lot of good people have left or been dismissed. Raises have become very low. Company is doing very well but the purse strings for pay are always being tightened.

Advice to Management

Own up to mistakes in plain and simple language. People see through the spin. Provide equity incentives to more than just the upper echelons and sales people.