TD Ameritrade

www.tdameritrade.com
  www.tdameritrade.com
There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade

Undervalued for the work you do

Current Employee - Investment Consultant
Current Employee - Investment Consultant

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Revenue Neutral investment products to offer clients

Cons

Targets and goals go up every year, yet pay stays the same. you are a slave to this company. Glorified referral source. As a professional Financial Advisor (IC) you have zero ability to actually advise clients. its all about how can you refer them to another "bucket" or "widget" to meet your sales goal. At the end of the day its not about retaining talented people, its about churn and burn and company sees very little value in individual employees. if you leave they will just find another struggling young broker from Merrill, Smith Barney, Ed Jones etc... and give them salary and put them through the wringer for next 2-3 years. what do clients get? a new "advisor" every 2-3 years. I would think the company would value having retention of "advisors" so their clients would have a better experience. oh well, good place to get your bearings and some added experience, but dont stick around too long... you'll get trapped!

start to value what the people are doing to help your company grow. Consider paying recurring revenue on the enormous book of advisory business we produce... not only do we have to find it and close it, we are the ones that are left to help the clients on an ongoing basis while the company sits back and takes all the advisory fee income! In the end, I dont think things will ever change, too stubborn and uneducated to make intelligent decisions.

336 Other Employee Reviews for TD Ameritrade (View Most Recent)

A good place to work for experienced professionals

Former Employee - Frontline Business - Manager Level
    Former Employee - Frontline Business - Manager Level

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is good. CEO is top notch and really has the organization focused on the right things. He's a smart and measured leader. Not over the the top, not holier the thou.

Cons

Both main businesses are in a state of change. Lot of new people in higher level roles. Lot of good people have left or been dismissed. Raises have become very low. Company is doing very well but the purse strings for pay are always being tightened.

Own up to mistakes in plain and simple language. People see through the spin. Provide equity incentives to more than just the upper echelons and sales people.

Good firm, can do better

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time

Pros

Good opportunity for advancement
    Use cutting edge technology

Cons

Can be rigid with employee monitoring

More relevant training