TD Ameritrade

www.tdameritrade.com
  www.tdameritrade.com
There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade

Start off your career with a bang!

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere and love the front line people.

Cons

In the middle of no where

336 Other Employee Reviews for TD Ameritrade (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Current Employee - Investment Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Investment Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, pay is good for consultants.

Cons

Micro Management, low opportunity for advancement, the career path for employees is very vague, no work life balance

Alcatraz Would Be More Tolerable!

Former Employee - Financial Representative in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Representative in DFW, TX

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Always something to laugh at.
    -Pay is more than reasonable for the majority of the employees.

Cons

Everything! None of the positions at this company are glamorous, however a reasonable person would realize this and accept it for what it is. You are going to be on the phone all day doing a very repetitive job that will never be fun. This isn't Goldman Sachs and you will seldom have any conversation that will breach the borders of Finance 101. That being said, there is no shame in it and it certainly could be much worse. Sadly, the average employee at the company does not understand this. Most believe that they are the second coming of Gordon Gekko. I have seen employees rocking suspenders and bowties, albeit surely from JC Penney or Kohl's. Unfortunately, the corporate culture actually endorses such behavior which only proliferates the douchery. All in the good name of fun, the company has created a culture that demeans the individual. I once had to participate in an event that involved making a bridge out of toothpicks as a teambuilding event. The odd thing is you are never really on a team, because you are all on your own on the phone!! I had 7 managers in 6 years and each one was a simpleton. They will attempt to brainwash you at all costs. You will constantly be advised to work on your "brand". It's absolutely unreal. Everyday I went to work I felt like Luke Wilson in Idiocracy. Now that being said, if you are someone who is not very bright and enjoys holding on to your childhood, then by all means this is the ideal place for you. However, if you have an IQ north of 85 I would suggest seeking out other opportunities. This place will drive you insane!!

There is no advice I can give you. It would fall on deaf ears anyways.

There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade