TD Ameritrade

www.tdameritrade.com
There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade

Program execution

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very focused, clear direction, quick results and feedback

Cons

Hard to bring focus on long term strategy

The organization could benefit from a focus on leadership coaching

361 Other Employee Reviews for TD Ameritrade (View Most Recent)

Slow decline

Former Employee - Investment Consultant in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Investment Consultant in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers are great and the teamwork is second to none. The pay wasn't bad and the benefits were okay. I was promoted 4 times in 5 years, so upward mobility is possible.

Cons

130% increase in sales targets for the same pay, which means more hours have to be worked. When I started 5 years ago, the employees came first, but now shareholders come first. That'd be fine and dandy, if all employees had stock options and not just senior management. Bonuses have been declining for the last 3 years and you've had layoffs, while your CEO announces a record bonus for himself(not a good idea for moral). No trails on sales, no benefit for keeping clients satisfied, encouraged to churn clients since it's the only way to get sales commissions.

Take a look at your turnover. The 90% retention was a bragging point in 2009 and the industry was bleeding reps. Now that it's around 70%, you might want to concentrate on retaining the talent that made it possible for you to reach those "record breaking quarters" you've been having. If a manager has 80% turnover annually, it's probably a lack of management skills and should look to replace them. You're nothing without your employees. Do not lie to your employees, EVER. I was happy for 5 years and then was lied to and promised all kinds of things in a new role that went bust in 6 months and when I mentioned I'd like to go back to my previous role, I was told "too bad".

Good experience, room for advancement if you perform

Former Employee - Relationship Ma in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Relationship Ma in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They treat there employees well and try and take good care of them. They were flexible with me when I needed time off.

Cons

The pay was fair but I had a terrible commute. You are really a customer service rep and not a RM.

There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade