TD Bank

Awesome

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Ramsey, NJ
Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Ramsey, NJ

I have been working at TD Bank

Pros

Fair chance for advancement, respect for employees, competent management, interesting work, good people

Cons

Like everywhere, some managers are hard to work with. There is always a chance to move either up if you deserve a promotion or laterally. You are not married to your manager. I had a good experience with TD, some did not.

They are already doing everything by the book.

1199 Other Employee Reviews for TD Bank (View Most Recent)

Not rewarding, never recognized, and after 4 years let go...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Tuckerton, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Tuckerton, NJ

I worked at TD Bank

Pros

TD Bank is known for its convenient hours. As a full-time college student and full-time employee, they were flexible with my school schedule. I give them that.

Cons

I spent 4 years building a relationship with many customers and businesses. I worked very hard,and the upper management did not recognize any of it. The management team at the branch were horrible. They nitpicked and complained about everything, and put themselves before anyone else. It was not fair. I was let go, because of a coversation that was being held and was taken the wrong way. All in all, they are not a good company to work for. There is no career advancement ability, and I would not recommend a job there for anyone. The turnover rate is rediculous, for the amount of time I have spent there and have seen.

Please listen to your employees, and recognize the achievements that are being made. I lost a job that I loved, and feel slightly hurt.

The people you work with are generally very good, but the pay to responsibility ratio is very low.

Former Employee - Senior Teller in Forest Hills, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Teller in Forest Hills, NY

I worked at TD Bank

Pros

- Generally good management.
    - Great peers.
    - Ideal for someone looking to get in Banking while pursuing a college degree because of the shift options.
    - When they were Commerce Bank, many of the high-level branch positions were given to proven outsiders, but TD has shifted to more internal hiring, though the raises for promotions are not great.
    - TD is still pretty new to the region, so a sales-oriented employee has a better opportunity at referrals than at more established banks.
    - A good customer base (generally nice people because much of the staff was trained by Commerce)

Cons

- Low pay
    - Part-timers are generally asked to work more hours on a weekly basis than they are hired for and it is not considered OT (20-hour employees generally work at least 30 a week and 30-hour employees work 40 hrs)
    - In my opinion, an over-emphasis on sales.
    - High turnover combined with a slow reaction to replacing lost employees.

I would advise a return to some of the ways of Commerce Bank. The culture of WOW has taken a hit since TD has taken over. The CWI system is a less effective measure of Customer Service than simple mystery shops. CWI is too prone to human error and can punish a branch for situations that they cannot avoid.

There are newer employer reviews for TD Bank