There are newer employer reviews for TD Bank

Best bank I have worked for so far!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Worcester, MA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Worcester, MA

I have been working at TD Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great resources, if you don't know how to do something you have the resources to figure out how to do it! You are never left saying ummmm I don't know to a customer.

Cons

Fees... I've never worked for a bank that charged fees like this before, it is an adjustment.

Advice to Management

Stockings are outdated.... stop making us wear them!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A Joke

Current Employee - Banking Specialist in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Banking Specialist in Springfield, MA

I have been working at TD Bank (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been here 6 years and I can't tell you one good reason to work at TD Bank

Cons

Everybody lies, Everybody kisses everybody's else behind to try to look better than the next or to get a different position. You have to work with smelly people because HR will not tell them there is something wrong with them. They do not care about their employees because they feel they can be replaced. They treat their employees like dirt. On trips for TD Bank everybody is always drunk.

I knew a lawsuit was coming sooner or later.

Former Employee - Banking Specialist in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Banking Specialist in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at TD Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for a large bank looks good on your resume. Many great people of all different ages and backgrounds. Room to grow but beware because you have to coordinate with HR, the workforce planning and your interviewer...hopefully you won't miss your interview because you get stuck on the phone with a customer.

Cons

Here is how it works in the call center. You have to be on the phone 95% of the time and if you can't meet 95% or higher you can be fired. While on "ready" calls come in back to back, if you want to get off the phone you must go on "not ready" and once your current call ends you can get off the phone. You're break is scheduled for you, so let's say you're part time and your 15 minute break is from 11-11:15. If you go on not ready too early you risk your adherence going down so you might plan to go on "not ready" at 10:55 and even though it will count 5 minutes against your adherence you really have to use the restroom so you think it's worth it. BUT...at 10:54 some retarded customer (most who call the call center are so dumb) calls and you are stuck on the phone with them from 10:54 until past your schedule break. A normal person would assume that your break would be rescheduled because you missed your break due to helping a customer. NOPE, not at the call center in Mt. Laurel, NJ. You're basically told too bad, if you still need to use the restroom you may but you will be out of adherence for that time and remember if you can't meet 95% you can be terminated. In NJ you do not have to be given a break if you're an adult, but OSHA says that employers have to let their employees use the restroom. Because TD won't reschedule breaks missed due to helping their customers and will terminate those employees for going to the bathroom outside of their break time they are essentially denying employees use of the restroom which is illegal. I called OSHA, they contacted TD and was told that my claim was baseless and that supervisors are to reschedule breaks when they are partially or totally missed due to helping customers. Whoever told OSHA this is totally misinformed as to what happens in the call center. I've asked multiple team leaders and supervisors for an adjustment when I missed my break and I was told no. Guess what I started doing? If I was on the phone when my break started that customer got hung up on, oops!

Advice to Management

Make HR more available...I've never worked for such a large company where HR is so hidden away.