TD Bank

www.td.com
  www.td.com
There are newer employer reviews for TD Bank

Great Experience!

Current Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TD Bank as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

This experience gives me more future career opportunities.
The working environment is very friendly. As an internship student, my team really took me as an important part of it.

Cons

Maybe the only con would be the organization is too large and the benefits for every employee are limited...

1195 Other Employee Reviews for TD Bank (View Most Recent)

banking job is about the same

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at TD Bank (more than an year)

Pros

fast paced, good system, constant effort to make improvement in softwares

Cons

heavy work load, low salary

more support and coaching

Good entry-level job for getting lots of Customer Service experience

Former Employee - Teller
    Former Employee - Teller

I worked at TD Bank full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-- Constant interaction with customers (as a Teller) means you will definitely hone your communications/interpersonal relations and customer service experience. The first rule you're taught in training is "Say Yes", meaning doing whatever it takes (within reason) to accomodate the customer. If you absolutely cannot do what they want (if, for example, it would violate a bank policy or regulation), employees are encouraged to escalate the issue to a supervisor so that the customer understands WHY we can't do something (i.e. don't just say "It's not our policy") and also try to find a way to help the customer avoid the problem in the future.
    -- Learning that there are no "stupid questions": Retail banking has been one of the most tightly regulated industries ever since the Great Depression, and sometimes certain rules don't seem to make sense even to employees. Asking questions of managers (like, "Why is this type of transaction processed differently from that kind?") is a good way to build knowledge of the industry that can also come in useful in answering customers' questions.
    -- Schedules for Tellers are usually flexible, so you'll meet a lot of people from many different backgrounds.

Cons

-- At the time I worked there, the company was going through the transition from Commerce Bank to TD Bank. It was rather chaotic, because upper management was trying to integrate two banks with different policies, operating procedures, and information technology. As a result, policies on various situations could change frequently (and occasionally change back if things weren't working). It was frustrating to not have a satisfactory answer for customers who asked, "Why did they change that? I've been doing this way for years." when some new policy came down from headquarters.
    -- A lot of things that had been popular (and free) started to get charged for, which irritated customers. I think especially of the very popular coin counting service that now has a 6% surcharge for non-account holders.

I would say to be careful to avoid implemeting policies that alienate long-time customers and which might discourage new customers from opening accounts. I still do my banking there and will probably continue to do so, but make sure the claim to Americas Most Convenient Bank remains truthful and not just an empty slogan.

There are newer employer reviews for TD Bank