TD Bank

www.td.com

Great place to work, but is it a great place to do Project Management?

IT Project Manager (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsThere are many excellent aspects to working at TD Bank; competitive compensation and benefits, inclusive culture, acceptance of work/life balance needs, a huge range of opportunities and career options and above all a leadership focus on investment for growth.

ConsWith all the great things that TD has to offer the major challenge is that it is still largely a legacy organization that operates with a lot of the weight of its history and is slow to change and look toward improved methods and methodologies.

Focus on Project Management varies from area-to-area, but generally there is a lack of real understanding of the benefits of project disciplines and the true measurement of quality project execution and project success factors.

For the employee in the PM field this leads to challenges in the application of project management techniques as well as limiting the opportunities available for significant project advancement.

An excellent example is the lack of a career path from Project Coordinator to Project Manager, with the job levels too far apart to allow for the jump up. Another example is the lack of any formal definition of a Program Manager job title at the bank.

Things are changing though and either way TD is a great place to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide true engaged and supportive project sponsorship at the right executive level - not just someone to provide a status to or to use for escalation. Senior management should be there to guide and help their PMs and need to be knowledgeable and invested in the process (not just the results).

Measure success based on the ability to complete projects based on the project plans, and true risk management, not based on the team's ability to deal with all the issues that wouldn't have happened in the first place if the right project management practices were applied.

Amazing Company to Work For

Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at TD Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - benefits - employee recognition - compensation - hours of work - promotion opportunities -… Cons: The only con with this organization is that its retail… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Leading people by example

Manager (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at TD Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Total compensation is the best within its peers. Cons: Can't think of any Cons Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on TD Bank.

Worked for TD Bank? Contribute to the Community!