There are newer employer reviews for TD Bank

Engaging work and culturally diverse

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Mount Laurel, NJ
Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD Bank as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, work from home embraced

Cons

Too new to form a recommendation

None to share

reviews filtered by

TD Bank-Where their employees are used, lied to, and worst of all there is no one who cares.

Former Employee - Teller I in Wethersfield, CT
    Former Employee - Teller I in Wethersfield, CT

I worked at TD Bank part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unfortunately this box requires at least five words.

Cons

Schedules are never steady. There is no room for advancement because the supervisors refuse to coach anyone, not to mention that there is hardly ever any time with them being so understaffed. Since their "stores" are constantly understaffed, managers just hire anyone who walks through the door. Therefore crippling the work environment, which then cripples the ability to excel at giving great customer experiences. So the fire and rehire cycle continues. When a good employee is actually hired ( this employee must work the teller line like a boss because remember that they are understaffed, this employee must make sure customers in the lobby are smiling, and all the while trying to complete online training courses that are mandatory to pass in order to keep your job) this is the employee that gets let go for not being able to balance a cash drawer in all the chaos. During teller training, instructors do not lay out counterfeit bills and ask that you familiarize yourself with the textures and the images. So if your that hard working teller that's been with the company (in the same position) for almost three years, that's on probation already for balancing, you just lost your job over a counterfeit note.

Management needs to be trained by upper management, on what to look for when hiring new people. Just because HR says they're a good candidate doesn't mean you shouldn't properly interview them. I once sent an email to HR regarding the inappropriate behavior of an assistant manager, all together there were 4 different employee complaints about the same person. HR forwarded my email to the assistant manager who then had a talk with me-I didn't speak about anything because I felt my privacy was violated. Only 2 out if the 4 employees who filed a complaint now remain. This was the person who coincidentally let me and the other person go. How can upper management be so blind as to what is going on below them? This is your company, make it your job to check in. Try conducting a survey on the HR department. Conduct one on the management team as well, and not like the annual survey with the same questions every year. In six months alone, 4 people where let go.

2. A place that really cares about its business and employees equally!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at TD Bank part-time (less than a year)

Pros

small banks so everything flows smoothly. The mission is amazing and they promote within. They are for their employees and make sure appreciation is always given. I always felt supported and needed. my manager and coworkers work together to make sure everyone felt confident. the perks are great and i love the neighboring stores support on a daily basis.

Cons

Some stores do not have on site parking so it is hard to get business at times. trainings are limited as far as areas. need some in the boston area.

Keep up the good work.