TD Bank

www.td.com
  www.td.com
There are newer employer reviews for TD Bank

Good company, generous package & incentives. But can easily work out the kinks.

I have been working at TD Bank full-time

Pros

I am impressed with how well the platform is treated by this company. They give generous PTO (paid time off), and insist that you use it or else you lose it for the bracket of the year. I suppose this is to "recharge" the people by sending them on vacation, so that they come back with better work performance.

The culture between the teller line and the platform is to have a team effort. The fact that everyone has to leave together after the business hours end is one example.

Cons

Which leads to my issues with the bank. The "leave together" concept, although a team effort, doesn't work very well. People have to get home and cannot wait for others in the teller line to finish any leftover work. It makes a lot of unnecessary overtime pay come out of the bank's weekly/monthly budget, which ultimately leaves for one or two extra monthly salaries that could greatly help for when there's too few staff.

The store I work at has an abysmally low compliance. The manager(s) don't want to go out to do presentations, entice businesses or what not to open accounts with us. What's more, the managers' bosses (regional) don't do a thing about changing or improving the store's compliance even though it's been happening for several years (coincidentally, the amount of time the store manager has been there).

Depending on management you work under can vary greatly on terms of unnecessary politics and drama experienced on the work floor. My bank in particular is in a bad situation, where the manager is gender-favorite, and makes an environment where everyone feels like they are a boss, one gender gets slaps on the wrist for doing something wrong, and the other gender gets severely punished for the same exact stuff. It's not a comfortable atmosphere at times, but as long as there's no blatant discrimination on my part, I'm fine.

Maybe not all of your higher up's are doing their job. Check around and see what stands out like a sore thumb. Compared to other banks (Wells Fargo, BofA, etc), you have your work cut out for you to make a more convenient bank than just offering longer hours.

1199 Other Employee Reviews for TD Bank (View Most Recent)

Decent hours and team members were pleasant.

I worked at TD Bank part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible schedules, understanding management, fun work environment

Cons

none i can think of

Some room for movement

I have been working at TD Bank part-time

Pros

Great overall treatment of employees
    Flexible work schedules available

Cons

Promotions are available but require a lot of patience. Room for improvement is there but management seems to 'forget' that they talked to you about promotions.

Continue to be great!