There are newer employer reviews for TD Commerce Bank

TD Bank. Its a job.

Current Employee - Banking Specialist I in Mount Laurel, NJ
Current Employee - Banking Specialist I in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

Plenty of overtime available
4 weeks of PTO yearly
Great, fun co-workers
Nicely decorated and well maintained work enviorment
Major highways close by for easy commuting
SOME very professional, knowledgable yet down to earth leadership

Cons

Low pay. A customer service rep barely earns enough to get by.
Need for meaningful recognition for good work, more than confetti, claping..and a balloon.
Recently changed quality standards that allow small mistakes to result in constant "warnings"
Low employee morale as a result of above mentioned quality standards
An overall feeling among employees that nothing is good enough
Too much inconsistant information between supervisors.
Branches and call center need to be on the same page and stop pushing customers back and forth between the branches and call center.
Higher management playing favorites. "Playing the game" should not be necessary to get ahead.
Not enough leadership on the floor for reps to go to for help. This makes it necessary to keep customers on hold loo long.
Leadership who will offer excuses instead of help.
I could go on, but I have to get to work!

Too much micro management and negativity. We got JD Powers 3 years running before changing quality standards.

61 Other Employee Reviews for TD Commerce Bank (View Most Recent)

Great place to work.... as long as money is no object

Former Employee - HR Administrative
    Former Employee - HR Administrative

I worked at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

-Excellent company (the praise they get from customers, the things they have done that has rocked the stuffy banking industry)
    -Recognition (they have numerous programs)
    -Training (there are TD University training classes for virtually everything)
    -The culture (whether its cheesy or not, there is no denying that it is a unique place to work. Gets taken advantage of until you cross over to another bank and hate it)
    -Willingness to change (they are never worried about making improvements)

Cons

-The pay is pretty much the worst. I never wanted to leave the company, but I was getting paid only a few dollars more than a CSR to HIRE those CSRs.
    -Opportunity for career advancement is quite hard in the support areas. Unless you live around or want to commute to the HQ in Mt Laurel, you are pretty much only given a very thing path of advancement. I had only TWO positions (same job, just two actual people) that I could have been promoted into.

You increased your branch staff pay to be more competitive - now you have to think about those that actually work behind the scenes. Also, think about restructuring those support areas... maybe have more satellite offices so you don't lose good people who have no room to grow.

Commerce Went Downhill When TD Stormed In

Former Employee - Retail Training Instructor in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Retail Training Instructor in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

The physical atmosphere of where you work (if you're in the Mt. Laurel HQ) is amazing. It's a very stimulating place to work. Also, when you say you work for "Commerce Bank," everyone knows where you work. They USED to place a high value on employee development (see cons).

Cons

Commerce was best when it was Commerce. When the company was bought by the Canadians, they SWORE they wouldn't change a thing. I saw the writing on the wall when they started to try to change the brand that Vernon Hill put 30 years into building. Now, "TD Bank" is just another green financial institution that doesn't stand out. I saw it internally before Customers saw it externally. The Training Department was starting to shift from a powerhouse leading the "WOW!" to just a deparment used to push people through.

You should have followed the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. Hill's MetroBank is going to be up-and-running by fall '09, so be prepared to be shakin' in your boots...and wish you still had the "Power of Red" behind you...

There are newer employer reviews for TD Commerce Bank