TD Commerce Bank

Very classy place.

Current Employee - Risk Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Risk Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

great place to work. people are nice and considerate. bosses are understanding and give you a lot of leeway and then some.

Cons

some times overbeaing corporate mandates and rules make it hard at times to have the freedom to get things done quickly.

keep beauracracy to a minimum. give more independence to workers who have established a track record to make important decisions.

63 Other Employee Reviews for TD Commerce Bank (View Most Recent)

TD Bank. Its a job.

Current Employee - Banking Specialist I in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Banking Specialist I in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

Plenty of overtime available
    4 weeks of PTO yearly
    Great, fun co-workers
    Nicely decorated and well maintained work enviorment
    Major highways close by for easy commuting
    SOME very professional, knowledgable yet down to earth leadership

Cons

Low pay. A customer service rep barely earns enough to get by.
    Need for meaningful recognition for good work, more than confetti, claping..and a balloon.
    Recently changed quality standards that allow small mistakes to result in constant "warnings"
    Low employee morale as a result of above mentioned quality standards
    An overall feeling among employees that nothing is good enough
    Too much inconsistant information between supervisors.
    Branches and call center need to be on the same page and stop pushing customers back and forth between the branches and call center.
    Higher management playing favorites. "Playing the game" should not be necessary to get ahead.
    Not enough leadership on the floor for reps to go to for help. This makes it necessary to keep customers on hold loo long.
    Leadership who will offer excuses instead of help.
    I could go on, but I have to get to work!

Too much micro management and negativity. We got JD Powers 3 years running before changing quality standards.

Great place to work.... as long as money is no object

Former Employee - HR Administrative
    Former Employee - HR Administrative

I worked at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

-Excellent company (the praise they get from customers, the things they have done that has rocked the stuffy banking industry)
    -Recognition (they have numerous programs)
    -Training (there are TD University training classes for virtually everything)
    -The culture (whether its cheesy or not, there is no denying that it is a unique place to work. Gets taken advantage of until you cross over to another bank and hate it)
    -Willingness to change (they are never worried about making improvements)

Cons

-The pay is pretty much the worst. I never wanted to leave the company, but I was getting paid only a few dollars more than a CSR to HIRE those CSRs.
    -Opportunity for career advancement is quite hard in the support areas. Unless you live around or want to commute to the HQ in Mt Laurel, you are pretty much only given a very thing path of advancement. I had only TWO positions (same job, just two actual people) that I could have been promoted into.

You increased your branch staff pay to be more competitive - now you have to think about those that actually work behind the scenes. Also, think about restructuring those support areas... maybe have more satellite offices so you don't lose good people who have no room to grow.

There are newer employer reviews for TD Commerce Bank