TD Commerce Bank

Get Expierance and Leave

Current Employee - Teller and Customer Service Representative in Dover, DE
Current Employee - Teller and Customer Service Representative in Dover, DE

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

It was very flexi able with school schedule, had the opportunity to work as many hours as I wanted and the atmosphere was comfortable.

Cons

The seven day week banking, rude customers and management. Very unprofessional from senior management on down. The pay scale sucked!!!

Give employees better pay and be more professional. Create a better professional development program for current employees and have better benefits.

65 Other Employee Reviews for TD Commerce Bank (View Most Recent)

not ideal for students

Former Employee - Teller in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Teller in New York, NY

I worked at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

-easy to pick up shifts for extra money.
    -you meet pretty cool customers
    -the fast pasted environment makes the shifts quicker

Cons

-You would think because of their flexible hours, a college student would fit right in. WRONG! Students are penalized for not having "open availability".
    -there were only 2 chairs that were "rotated" among tellers.
    -if you did not have an opening shift you would not get a chair.
    -new tellers are expected to meet unrealistic performance expectations.
    -management definitely has favorites.
    -there will be no time to find the difference of a new teller. But veteran tellers can stay all night to find theirs.
    - 6:30am, saturday branch meetings. (even if you are not working that they)
    -i've seen many new tellers get fired(without warning) for mistakes anyone could have made
    -you may be required to greet for all day with out a lunch break.
    -I have taken a 3hr lunch, in order to avoid overtime!!!
    -management forgets to approve your time.
    -be prepared to carry 20lb bags of coins from that filthy penny arcade.
    -management is really strict about attire.

stop playing favorites. Many students work here so they can take advantage of the flexible hours. Please do not require part time 20hr employees to be "open" 7 days a wk. Chances are they are pt to go to school! duh!

The tellers have a tough job!! Though we are the least respected, and not taken care of at all!!!!!!

Current Employee - Teller in Folsom, PA
    Current Employee - Teller in Folsom, PA

I have been working at TD Commerce Bank

Pros

The amount of time you get for PTO is great!!! Great job for students!!! I feel some of the higher management,(not in the branch), may mean well but really don't see how poorly the tellers are taken care of.

Cons

The job pays terrible!! This is the lowest paying job i have ever had in eight years!!! The raises you get are a BIG slap in the face. Why even get them? That is how terrible they are!!! No joke!! It is also terrible when other people get hired at a higher pay rate with NO experience than a teller who has been there multiple years!! Someone please explain that. You are also not recognized for the work you do. You may be told you are doing great, but that does not pay the bills. How can anyone live off of a thousand bucks a month? Rent alone is usual 850. So please don't have a car or expect to eat. Tellers have a ton of responsibilities and could be fired at any moment, we should be paid more than what we get. The max pay raise is 2%. What is that!!!

Please realize that a teller is a very stressful job. I would recommend paying a minimum of 12 an hour. Otherwise the turnover will continue!! Its only a good job if you are in college and plan on leaving!!

There are newer employer reviews for TD Commerce Bank