TDS Telecommunications

There are newer employer reviews for TDS Telecommunications

Valued my experience with TDS

Former Employee - Customer Service in Madison, WI
Former Employee - Customer Service in Madison, WI

I worked at TDS Telecommunications full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I valued my time at TDS. TDS provided great benefits, 401k, vacation, sick leave, choice of health insurance providers. Unfortunately the premiums are rising like all businesses. This company concentrates on health and wellness by providing free health screenings and health seminars. Very big into volunteering and helping co-workers in need.

I had the experience of working with a great team. My co-workers were very helpful, knowledgeable and for the most part worked towards the same goal. Supervisor was flexible when necessary as long as you were responsible and accountable. I know of other departments that were not so flexible.

Cons

Because of so many systems and applications, work could often times be duplicated causing confusion for several departments and inefficiencies.

It used to be that departments would work together to help resolve an issue, but because of micro management, filling out daily schedules I feel the value of our customer service was deteriorating. Concentrating on quantity of calls more than the quality care of customer calls. Customer phone calls, or emails could be transferred several times before getting assistance often causing customer frustration.

Surveys are misleading because of the way the questions are worded. Leave scripted responses by the wayside because customers are much smarter than given credit for. Every business is doing it the same way...TDS could do it different and be better at it. Get back to more personable responses. Advance people to management positions that understand the business and could do the job if they had to.

74 Other Employee Reviews for TDS Telecommunications (View Most Recent)

Good company

I have been working at TDS Telecommunications

Pros

Benefits are good. Good culture

Cons

Big company so you have some corporate politics

Satisfied

Current Employee - Marketing in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Marketing in Madison, WI

I have been working at TDS Telecommunications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice benefits
    Pay is competitive - bonus when goals are hit and sometimes even when not
    Great environment mostly great people to work with
    Commitment from Corporate
    Limited instances of old school hierarchy mentality
    Access to leadership in nearly all cases
    People work hard
    Madison is a great place to live
    Office is a great building, in a safe place, with access to anything you need at lunch or after work

Cons

Not sure where company is going
    Seems to live in old world where decisions didn't need to be made immediately
    Some executives are clearly riding it out until retirement and won't put their necks on the line
    Politics more pervasive than they appear
    HR not very good at recruiting but active in keeping the organization competitive

The company needs an influx of new executives to jump start the company.
    Make decisions promptly