There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity

For Central PA, not a bad place to work, since there are few alternatives

Current Employee - Project Manager in Middletown, PA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Middletown, PA

I have been working at TE Connectivity

Pros

Very good benefits package; stable product base - seems poised for growth in emerging technologies.

Cons

Seems stuck in a 1950's siloed manufacturing model - very little cross-departmental work. Older working population can struggle with new technology in workplace (SAP, Business Intelligence). Quite often I see employees working harder than smarter. US employee base knows most opportunities are going overseas.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at your middle-management. Can they execure your strategic plan? Are the right processes, procedures and policies in place to realize your value statements and 5 year plan?

reviews filtered by
  1. Tyco Electronics

Current Employee - Associate in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at TE Connectivity

Pros

People are very passionate about the product and extremely knowledgeable of the process. The engineering staff is available to help with the process and and answer any questions that the operators may have. Overall it is a nice place to work.

Cons

It is hard to make change in the the factory that is lasting. The supervisors and managers always try to roll out different programs but they do not seem to last long. Everybocy seems to always go back to the way it used to be. Which is not encouraging for the person who implemented the program. The factory is old and there is little technology on the line.

Advice to Management

Have a strategic plan and implement it at all levels of the organization

Tyco - PI

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at TE Connectivity

Pros

I have a great direct supervisor in my department. He makes up for the many faults of the company

Cons

Upper management seems distant and mildly interested in issues of our business unit.

Advice to Management

Don't try to make your medical division fit the mold of your high volume machine driven divisions you are comfortable with.

There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity