There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity

I just worked there for the paycheck; nothing too interesting.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

Pay and benefits are decent. People are generally nice.

Cons

Close knit groups working together, so it was very clique-ish. Company doesn't deliver on temp-to-hire promises. Many temps were never hired, so there was a revolving door of temporary employees.

Advice to Management

Need to allow room for growth and advancement for potential and newer employees.

Other Employee Reviews for TE Connectivity

I love going to work everyday and tackling new challenges.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Pros

Constantly changing Advancement opportunities Challenging Career opportunities Schooling reimbursement Excellent 401k Medical, dental, flex spending, 401k, vacation, PTO, Commuter benefits, Weight/workout gym, full service cafe', lots of employee perks.

Cons

A lot of pressure to accomplish tasks and or projects. With more successful people in the right roles the company could do wonderful things!! A lot of times there is a lack of resources.

Advice to Management

I strongly believe management is doing a great job. When I get up and look forward to going to my job I know that this is a great thing. I feel that if we had more people in the right roles helping to accomplish great things that we could be unstoppable. This is the first job I have ever had where I have been challenged and pushed to my maximum potential. This challenge has taught me to be a hard worker and stronger person.

HR is a Problem, Job Can Be Dull, Constant Restructuring, Always Threat of More Layoffs

Current Employee - Director in Berwyn, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Berwyn, PA

Pros

Coworkers are nice people who, for the most part, like to help rather than hinder. Most people are very competent at their jobs and smart, but there are notable exceptions. The work life balance is good.

Cons

HR staff is adversarial and often incompetent. Their attitude is to say "no" first. They offer employees the very minimum to keep them from leaving too soon. They are constantly pruning benefits. This year, the stock grant was reduced dramatically and with no notice or reason. Next year, it will likely be the 401k matching or the stock purchase matching. I've learned not to count on anything. There is a strong bias against promoting from within. It is difficult to transcend into a Band 3 salary position and nearly impossible to be promoted to a VP. This level is filled by nearly all external hires. There is always the threat of layoffs due to constant restructuring. This year several VP's were let go, and morale suffered greatly. Most people I know would leave the company for a lateral position. I feel like I am achieving about 10% of my potential here and am not very proud to talk about my career.

Advice to Management

Change the attitude of HR. Make them more about managing talent and less about finding ways to pare down benefits.