TE Connectivity

www.te.com
  www.te.com
There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity

Manufacturing development Engineer III

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer III in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer III in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

TE connectivity Shanghai, the HQ in China, is a nice place to work: real north American culture; fantastic working environment; innovation encourage; pure & simple office relations.

Cons

Not yet mentioned, to be discovery later.

355 Other Employee Reviews for TE Connectivity (View Most Recent)

Cares about the employees...just doesn't keep enough to do the jobs right.

Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting & fascinating industry to be a part of. Pay, bonus opportunity & benefits are among the best I have experienced in my cereer. There is a good employee feedback system in place, and management seems to value those opinions to try to make changes. Management is driving positive changes with a company-wide LEAN program with a clear plan through 2015. The day to day fellow working associates are good people who are sincere in their efforts to provide good product. The culture at the plants are good overall.

Cons

Like most American companies, TE tries to do more with (a lot) less people - to a fault. Work-life balance is encouraged, but many production employees are pushed to a expected robotic existence and plant supply chain employees feel they have no choice but to work long hours in order to try to keep up with their workload. The LEAN program put in place, is being allowed to increasingly grow almost uncontrolled like a weed to demand most of everyone's time rather then allow us to focus on the plant needs. Resource requests have consistently been denied all the way up the chain. This is a product of out-sourcing to other countries, thus making us have to try & keep competitive.

Learn from the auto industry....Review & lean out a lot of the unnecessary waste in the growing LEAN system of what is not really important for the plants to be successful - you're choking us with data requirements. Worry a bit more about the employees and having enough resources to do the work right, rather then pushing the stock price up. Doing so will increase productivity, allow cost savings to be realized on time and will take care of the stock price more rapidly then forcing plants into cost-cutting & and reductions in force.

Typical corporation

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Bydgoszcz (Poland)
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Bydgoszcz (Poland)

I have been working at TE Connectivity (more than 5 years)

Pros

Procedures and rules. Everything clear

Cons

No carrier path. Funny awards for people who do only minor things.

More trainings