There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity

A great place to work for

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Management
Flexible options for relocation

Cons

Average age of an employee is higher than the usual tech companies

333 Other Employee Reviews for TE Connectivity (View Most Recent)

Too many new plans put into effect before they perfect the things that should already work

Current Employee - Customer Care  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits
    Steady work (for now)
    Available O.T.
    Local

Cons

Salary is slightly above average from what I see in the paper, however if your there a number of years, new people being hired start at a better rate than you do which is unfair, especially when they come in w/o any experience in the industry. Salaries hardly keep up with the cost of living, let alone other expenses.

Too much bureaucracy and red tape to do what used to take a 3rd of the time and it's getting worse all the time. The CEO, Directors and Managers do not have to go up through the ranks so they have no clue what the people that get the actual grunt work done have to struggle with every day to keep things moving. They only care about pleasing their own boss and not trying to improve efficiency or correct every day challenges that shouldn't be so difficult to improve work flow. I find myself from time to time having to educate people on how things work who make 2 and 3 times salary as what I do because they are just so disconnected.

So many things are now turning into statistics, charts and surveys which just create more busy work keeping you from completing the already overwhelming daily workload, but it seems like all larger companies are moving towards that trend. Keep pushing us to do more with less people making things that much more backed up.

Bottom line, if we could improve the delivery time of products, then customers would be much happier with us as a company. Fix the foundations of a company before you go looking for other problems and stop putting band aids on things. Correct it the first time instead of kicking it down the road for someone else to worry about later. They lay good experienced, knowledgeable people off with many years of experience just because they make a certain salary after being there 20-30 yrs (which they have earned BTW) and yet they lay them off and leave the lazy or poor attitude ones with less years and experience behind to take up the slack and it's never quite the same because no one wants to step up.

Listen and learn from the people you have on staff, you will be a more productive and profitable company for it. If you are going to cut the fat, then do it by job performance not # of yrs in or salary available in a budget. Bottom line, you get what you pay for...

TE is definately not Raychem

Current Employee - Global Engineering Manager  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Global Engineering Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of good people to work with

Cons

E-Team is trying to shift as many jobs to low cost countries as possible without regard to the customer or products. I have had several heated discussions to prove that the implied savings is not there when you move to either china or mexico.
    TE has been transfering jobs and production to china at an alarming rate but still have a tremendous problem with quality control and maintaining the equipment.

Respect your current personnel and their skill set- You can not just teach somebody in a few days what it took decades to learn.

There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity

Worked for TE Connectivity? Contribute to the Community!