TE Connectivity

www.te.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity

Continual improvement runs in company along with high professional experience

I worked at TE Connectivity

Pros

Best environment for working, good projects, Challenging, Continual improvement,

Cons

Too much work and stress

387 Other Employee Reviews for TE Connectivity (View Most Recent)

TE talked a good show, but falls flat as an employer - a real career-wasting experience

Former Employee - Department Manager
    Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, as well as the people working hard at the plants.

Cons

Leadership is indeed spreadsheet managers and set unfair and conflicting metrics. They spent an unknown amount on this candy-coated lean program called "TEOA" that started well, but basically was crushed back down when it wanted to change the metrics to what it should have been. I have worked at world-class companies and TE is far from that. Having worked with all the cost-savings initiatives, I can confirm TE is working with a lot of smoke & mirrors as noted in several other reviews.

Sales people had no viable or meaningful forecasting information during my entire tenure.

I worked at TE for many thankless & career-wasted years until I found another real world-class company. I am not disgruntled in that I left on good terms, but felt I needed to add my rating to the several others. Also as noted in some other reviews, all my fellow managers who started when I did at my plant and others have since left...good people who were also fooled into joining TE. I don't know if it really is a 60% turnover ratio, but it certainly felt like that...INVESTORS NEED TO QUESTION THAT...TE execs have done a good job of masking things over, but the same problems are there...don't be fooled...the plan consolidations and the moving the of viable work overseas is a temporary game for stocks, but that will run out and the real story will come down as well as your stock money.

Your degrees are only book sense, not real-world. Stop pounding & pressuring plant managers and their teams to find savings in overly-mature low volume product lines that have already been milked 5-6 times, while sending all the high running work to India, Mexico and China, forcing manager and staff to do cost-cutting in lieu of actual cost savings. "Smarter, Faster, Better" is wishful thinking until you invest in your people, and treat them as the professionals they are who pay your salary, not like idiots. Don't sacrifice short-term & near-sighted goals for sound business practices that will last.

A great company turns into another failure

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be a great company, with quality products. Just ask AMP people!

Cons

Leadership is weak and constantly changing.
    - No real long-term strategy, only focus on quarterly financial gains & stock price.
    - Extremely political environment, sadly, it was not even close to be this bad until Motorola senior teams rolled in, then GE HR showed up.
    - Business ethics are questionable and if you challenge leadership team, you are out.
    - Employees & teams are expendable. Those know how to talk, not work, get promoted; even though they destroy the team left behind.

The turn-over rate for employees hired within last 3 years is more than 60%! Why?
    Products are out-of-date and no real breakthrough R&D work done, although R&D budget exploded! Why?
    The company revenue stagnated in last 3 years, but stock price tripled? Good balance sheet work...

There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity