There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity

Tyco - PI

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at TE Connectivity

Pros

I have a great direct supervisor in my department. He makes up for the many faults of the company

Cons

Upper management seems distant and mildly interested in issues of our business unit.

Don't try to make your medical division fit the mold of your high volume machine driven divisions you are comfortable with.

340 Other Employee Reviews for TE Connectivity (View Most Recent)

Tyco Electronics - Not a good long-term employer

Current Employee - Software Systems Engineer in Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Software Systems Engineer in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at TE Connectivity

Pros

The actual work is fun and challenging. You work with great people. They have an employee stock purchase plan, 401(k) matching, etc.. There are some good training opportunities, usually unofficial flex time, and usually let you take time off when you want too. Lateral moves within the company are encouraged. You can get 'spot' or 'impact' bonuses, but they are increasingly rare.

Cons

Low annual raises won't keep up with inflation. Annual bonuses are usually not very good. Few opportunities for promotion. They expect you to perform more and better every year, but don't really reward you for good performance. Every year the health benefits cost more.

Treat employees better. Don't use an inadequate pool of money for a group's raises - it forces a manager to either give everyone an inadequate raise, or punish some employees in order to reward others.

TYCO needs freesher ideas

Current Employee - Processing Technician in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Processing Technician in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at TE Connectivity

Pros

The size of the company provides some opportunities in the engineering area if education and experience and seniority are satisfied.

Cons

The facility is very inflexible when it comes to issues of time off and sick leave.
    Senior management at this facility is very ineficient in the ways how they respond to issues and problemsat the company.

For once they have to promote or hire younger people with fresher ideas. My opinion is that because upper management has a very good position compared to other companies; nobody is really trying to get promoted or allow new people to get promoted.
    This rule qualifies for the most part except for the plant manager who has many responsibilities to deal with.

There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity