TEES

There are newer employer reviews for TEES

Work

Current Employee - Student Technician in College Station, TX
Current Employee - Student Technician in College Station, TX

I have been working at TEES part-time (more than an year)

Pros

learned useful skills with machinery

Cons

People who worked there were not friendly

11 Other Employee Reviews for TEES (View Most Recent)

Overally, I liked it!

Current Employee - Research Engineer in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Research Engineer in College Station, TX

I have been working at TEES

Pros

Reputation helps to find the next job, good resources in terms of academia, friendly environment, I had a great boss

Cons

old management style, very-low interaction (social meeting) between employees and top managers

Top managers: It is the time to change a bit to adjust to the current demand of the people. Traditional behaviors some times not working.
    My direct adviser: I loved the way you tackle the problems and solve them. Good luck!

Senior management lacks ability to hire people using technical skill sets that match what the role is

Former Employee - Technical Manager in College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in College Station, TX

I worked at TEES

Pros

College station is a great location (between Austin & Houston), A&M great university to be part of.

Cons

Tenure rules even in the technology realm. People that have no real work experience with technology and may be book smart are in leadership positions - but do not know how to apply this knowledge to people and technology roles.

Do RFP's for custom software solutions. Somebody needs to be asking questions like is the solution really scalable? How much will this cost the University down the road to maintain? For technology, hire more vendors. Look in the local communities for local talent - don't hire people from outside the USA - and pay extra money for Visa process etc..or feel compelled to keep people because they are friends or have worked with a hiring manager for a long time. Doesn't mean that they are more qualified. More scrutiny in hiring process as well as better planning for technical projects.

There are newer employer reviews for TEES