TEKsystems

www.teksystems.com
  www.teksystems.com
There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems

Best staffing agency I've worked with

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

Company values it's employees and offers a great benefits package and offered a great hourly rate as opposed to some companies that hire car salesmen who try to argue down your compensation..
Recruiters keep in contact with employees well after hire date ensuring employees are happy and appreciated.
Monthly group offsite meetings at local bars, frequently taken out for lunch on the company dime.

Cons

Some of the employees did not work out and were devalued and disregarded.
Payroll team seemed lazy and unmotivated, had to do a lot of leg work as it took them three months to bother picking up a phone, following through with clients, or communicate clearly.

984 Other Employee Reviews for TEKsystems (View Most Recent)

Not the worst, but not the best

Current Employee - Consultant in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Troy, MI

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

No micro-managing in ereyday job
    Good Training and good support for training
    Salary OK, but needs to be better.

Cons

No contact with management
    Treated like cattle
    Benefits lower than most

Better benefits, more contact with employees, better salary.

stained opinion

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Richmond, VA

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

- They placed me into a position
    - Weekly Pay
    - Some of the people seem to have good intentions

Cons

- on two separate occasions the account manager for Tek lied to me about what I was making per hour. This was due to the issue of being underpaid for my responsibilities and trying to level the playing field. Both times I had to check my statement to find out what I was really being paid. It was never fixed. The account manager left, but I was left with his mess. It was later learned that he "didn't fit in". I guess not.
    - two months after an overtime check (8 hours OT), my current check was extremely short. I found that Tek had, after the fact, retracted part of my OT for this one particular day that was mandatory overtime by the company I was working for. Time sheet filled out, 100% legible, signed by my report-to manager, overtime notated, faxed, recorded, archived, legit! Their reason, at first, was that my '8' looked like a '4'. Nope, it didn't. Second reason was that I wrote the OT in the wrong box. Wrong again; it was written in the 'Overtime' box, a large number 8.00. I had to bring my original time sheet to them, they looked at it, confirmed it, THEN went and compared to what they had on record (because they did have this from when I faxed it. 2 months ago) and, well, it was the exact same time sheet. Go figure. They concluded 'it would be in their best interest to pay me'...as if to say I still don't deserve the OT but from a legal standpoint, they gotta do it. I'm still having to fight to get this pay back and it's been 3 weeks. No one ever came to me to discuss taking my pay, they just did it with NO GOOD REASON and it was undoubtedly, uncalled for.
    - Their benefits stink for contractors and there is no PTO, vacation, or sick time. Employees get a broad spectrum of benefits, contractors do not. Contractors make the money. Employees are a cost. They agreed to give a couple of us PTO, the day after Memorial Day. I've since left both Tek and the company I was placed at by them, so I never saw it.
    - Their time tracking system for contractors is archaic.

I sincerely feel that all of this could have been avoided and handled a little more professionally. I don't feel like I was targeted for any reason, there was reason to. I do understand mistakes happen but lying and taking someone's pay away and not having a legitimate reason to do so seems just slightly crooked at best.

No comment.