TEKsystems

www.teksystems.com
  www.teksystems.com
There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems

A great place to get some experience right ouf of college

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

Since they hire a lot of people right out of college, it's a great place to learn a lot and to start your career. It is also a lot of fun for someone young and I met a lot of great people.

Cons

The management style is over the top micromanagement. You have to work long hours and it almost seems like you could never do enough. Way too many unneccessary processes.

Eliminate some of the processes and let people do their jobs. I understand why the micromanagement, I think it's necessary for the type of company that it is.

964 Other Employee Reviews for TEKsystems (View Most Recent)

TEK is on a pedestal

Former Employee - Recruiter in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

Good on-boarding and training program, good bonuses and commission structure, benefits are offered but expensive, most people in the company are young and money hungry which can promote healthy competition among recruiters and account managers.

Cons

You are expected to have a "servant mentality" (their words, not mine) to the company, your clients and consultants. You are expected to work overtime every day (your on salary, so no extra pay) and they constantly remind you that you should be working nights and weekends from home. So, basically no work or life balance.

The company's retention rate is poor across the board and if you are a successful recruiter your only option is to become an account manager and start over again and you actually take a pay cut just to be promoted. Their company culture is a joke, senior management expects too much and rewards recruiters with too little.

Your job is essentially to source and find the top technical professionals in the world and get them to do a job for as little as possible, which TEK charges double that rate to the company to hire that person - so the only person that wins is TEK. It's a very profitable business model, but not one you can stand by if you actually have morales.

Offer greater compensation to recruiters and consultants.

Over promise under deliver

Current Employee - Executive Escalation Engineer in Issaquah, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Escalation Engineer in Issaquah, WA

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Good pay and plenty of employment opportunities at several client companies.

Cons

Was promised a higher wage than was listed on my employment contract. When I confronted my recruiter they played it off as if I were wrong. A couple months after employment began I found out that I was the only one highered out of 8 people that was making less everyone else was making the same amount.

Ensure that you are providing accurate information to your potential employees so that the initial perception of how you operate your company is a positive one.

There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems