There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems

Extremely happy

Current Employee - Database Developer in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Database Developer in Houston, TX

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Great recruiters and account managers
Decent pay

Cons

Medical benefits should be better.

Offer a decent medical plan even if the employee premiums are somewhat expensive.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not for seasoned engineers

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

Very good at selling you to a potential client. But be sure to get the pay you desire upfront. They do have a decent benefits package for contractors, and the recruiters and account managers are generally friendly, and genuine. However in the bean counter room in the back office somewhere I think the recruiters are threatened concerning keeping hourly compensation as low as possible.

Cons

They will first try to undercut your value with a low-ball offer on pay. They pay much lower for seasoned engineers, and have. I have worked for Teksystems on three different occasions, but I have swore them off for good, even though I get calls for open positions form them at least six to eight times per year. However I don't like the low-balling, on one hand and the almost desperate requests made to me to allow my resume to be submitted for positions on the other.

Find a balance in valuing your contractors as well as the client.

Good in Minneapolis, Shite in SF

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

They're big and they have access to lots of jobs. For a contract house they have decent benefits if you want to exercise them--their health insurance sucks.

Cons

Doesn't seem to be much of a company standard. My experience in Minneapolis/St. Paul over a 9 year period was excellent (dealing with 2-3 different recruiters). San Francisco office is a completely different experience. Lot's of games, stalling, lies--didn't feel like I was ever being dealt with in a straight way. May be due to the individuals I was dealing with.

Be straight and honest. Developers aren't greedy; They just want what is fair and to feel like they trust their recruiter. There's lots of fish in the sea--no matter how big you are.

There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems