Great recruiter, decent pay

Former Employee - Contracted Employee in Broomfield, CO
Former Employee - Contracted Employee in Broomfield, CO

Pros

Hourly rate was decent and I was paid weekly. I didn't have a gread idea of what was required but my recruiter made me confident in my abilities and matched me up with something I could handle.

Cons

They were unsure of when contract would end, and it came suddenly so the communication was lacking on that level.

Other Employee Reviews for TEKsystems

1. Extremely happy

Current Employee - Database Developer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Database Developer in Houston, TX

Pros

Great recruiters and account managers Decent pay

Cons

Medical benefits should be better.

Advice to Management

Offer a decent medical plan even if the employee premiums are somewhat expensive.

2. Not for seasoned engineers

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Very good at selling you to a potential client. But be sure to get the pay you desire upfront. They do have a decent benefits package for contractors, and the recruiters and account managers are generally friendly, and genuine. However in the bean counter room in the back office somewhere I think the recruiters are threatened concerning keeping hourly compensation as low as possible.

Cons

They will first try to undercut your value with a low-ball offer on pay. They pay much lower for seasoned engineers, and have. I have worked for Teksystems on three different occasions, but I have swore them off for good, even though I get calls for open positions form them at least six to eight times per year. However I don't like the low-balling, on one hand and the almost desperate requests made to me to allow my resume to be submitted for positions on the other.

Advice to Management

Find a balance in valuing your contractors as well as the client.