Great recruiter, decent pay

Former Employee - Contracted Employee  in  Broomfield, CO
Former Employee - Contracted Employee in Broomfield, CO

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

Hourly rate was decent and I was paid weekly. I didn't have a gread idea of what was required but my recruiter made me confident in my abilities and matched me up with something I could handle.

Cons

They were unsure of when contract would end, and it came suddenly so the communication was lacking on that level.

Other Reviews for TEKsystems

The job I was hired to fill was a good job. TEKsystems could care less about its consultants.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

TEKsystems is one avenue for finding an IT position which may be a quicker avenue than people who are stuck in the the "trying to get an interview" stage of job seeking, out on their own. It helps to have a recruiter trying to sell your skills to a client. Yes you still have to pass the interviews, but you may get more of those opportunities.

Cons

Once placed in a contracted assignment (this does not refer to direct placement employment), consultants may feel like invisible, unappreciated, disposable cogs at TEK although they are doing a fantastic job for a client. At no time did anyone from TEK discuss let alone congratulate my performance nor discuss any development opportunities with me. "Career growth" was of course non-existent. Communication, responsiveness from HQ regarding important policy issues and changes was virtually nonexistent. There is nothing in TEKsystem's practices towards its employees to cultivate morale, or a culture of trust or loyalty for staying with TEK. In fact the opposite was true and there were many unpleasant surprises that made me wonder how they expect to keep good people. I say all of this this as a consultant who completed a long term assignment with TEK and left the assignment at its natural end and left the client on extremely good terms and have no resentment about the end of it.

One hand does not what the other hand is doing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

You get paid weekly very weekly.

Cons

One hand does not what the other hand is doing. No communication between the client, TekSystems, and the employee.

There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!