There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems

The people were good to work with, good follow up on recruiting me for jobs.

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Birmingham, AL
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Birmingham, AL

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

Offer insurance and expenses for contractors.

Cons

Their contracts are short term.

Advice to Management

Follow up with leads on your contractors performance, and their overall satisfaction more frequently. Express any concerns to the contractor so they can correct or talk with the supervisor concerning any issues.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The job I was hired to fill was a good job. TEKsystems could care less about its consultants.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

TEKsystems is one avenue for finding an IT position which may be a quicker avenue than people who are stuck in the the "trying to get an interview" stage of job seeking, out on their own. It helps to have a recruiter trying to sell your skills to a client. Yes you still have to pass the interviews, but you may get more of those opportunities.

Cons

Once placed in a contracted assignment (this does not refer to direct placement employment), consultants may feel like invisible, unappreciated, disposable cogs at TEK although they are doing a fantastic job for a client. At no time did anyone from TEK discuss let alone congratulate my performance nor discuss any development opportunities with me. "Career growth" was of course non-existent. Communication, responsiveness from HQ regarding important policy issues and changes was virtually nonexistent. There is nothing in TEKsystem's practices towards its employees to cultivate morale, or a culture of trust or loyalty for staying with TEK. In fact the opposite was true and there were many unpleasant surprises that made me wonder how they expect to keep good people. I say all of this this as a consultant who completed a long term assignment with TEK and left the assignment at its natural end and left the client on extremely good terms and have no resentment about the end of it.

2. Great Experience

Former Employee - Consultant in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

Wide array of job experiences. For the seasoned professional it is a great place to hone skills and work to advance your career

Cons

Medical and Dental benefits are not good.

Advice to Management

Keep working on providing the best opportunities and better pay for your top consultants.