TEKsystems
www.teksystemscareers.com Hanover, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good foot in the door

Dallas, TX

Proso - Weekly pay
o - Better medical/dental/vision benefits than some permanent employee jobs I've had
o - Depending on the market and your skills, they can have you into a position quickly
o - This is my second contract with Tek; previous one was over 10 years ago. I haven't changed banks, and my first paycheck with the new contract was direct deposited
o - 401K (no match, but most places don't anymore, and some don't even offer it)
o - Online paystubs & tax forms
o - My first contract with them resulted in a full-time position that lasted 7 years after I was hired, and several of my colleagues on this project have also been hired.

Conso - There is an absolutely ridiculous (as in, patently absurd) variation in pay rates for the contractors on my project, much of which seems to have little to nothing to do with past experience or qualifications.
o - The agency absolutely needs to be pushing for raises when people have been with the agency/contract six months, a year, two years, and they seem to be letting the company recommend that. We've lost good people because they couldn't get compensated reasonably (granted, some of that is on the company, not the agency)
o - They will allow you to take PTO but the amount has to be calculated out of your hourly rate in advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf possible, factor in a consultant's longevity. If they've been on the project a year and have been performing, get them a raise. If they've been around for two years, start offering them the same PTO benefits and retirement matches you're giving your account managers.

Just a job.

IT Support Specialist (Current Employee)
    Broussard, LA

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros: - Easy entry into IT for someone needing a starting point - Access to tons of online… Cons: - Minimal guidance and communication from management. - From my experience, this is really "just a job" with minimal opportunities to advance. - Benefits are practically non… Advice to Senior Management: Work with employees more to help with job placement and career… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No Positive or Negative feelings - on contract

Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros: Rate - 401K (no match), Pre-tax Transit, Skillsoft Cons: Client cut rate to Tek, Tek immediately cut all contractors… Advice to Senior Management: Make contractors feel part of company More
There are newer reviews on TEKsystems.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TEKsystems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TEKsystems CEO Keith Bozeman. All reviews posted anonymously by TEKsystems employees.