Good foot in the door

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

o - Weekly pay o - Better medical/dental/vision benefits than some permanent employee jobs I've had o - Depending on the market and your skills, they can have you into a position quickly o - This is my second contract with Tek; previous one was over 10 years ago. I haven't changed banks, and my first paycheck with the new contract was direct deposited o - 401K (no match, but most places don't anymore, and some don't even offer it) o - Online paystubs & tax forms o - My first contract with them resulted in a full-time position that lasted 7 years after I was hired, and several of my colleagues on this project have also been hired.

Cons

o - There is an absolutely ridiculous (as in, patently absurd) variation in pay rates for the contractors on my project, much of which seems to have little to nothing to do with past experience or qualifications. o - The agency absolutely needs to be pushing for raises when people have been with the agency/contract six months, a year, two years, and they seem to be letting the company recommend that. We've lost good people because they couldn't get compensated reasonably (granted, some of that is on the company, not the agency) o - They will allow you to take PTO but the amount has to be calculated out of your hourly rate in advance.

Advice to Management

If possible, factor in a consultant's longevity. If they've been on the project a year and have been performing, get them a raise. If they've been around for two years, start offering them the same PTO benefits and retirement matches you're giving your account managers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Friendly, professional, body-shop company

Current Employee - Contractor in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Contractor in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Great access to good jobs that you simply won't be able to find on your own. TEKsystems staff are very friendly, they are prompt with payment, and they are great to work with.

Cons

The benefits are much worse than you can purchase on your own as an individual. The jobs are "at will" so there is no real guarantee that you will have billable hours.

Advice to Management

A little effort to make the product (contractors, consultants) feel like they are "part of" TEKsystems might be a good idea.

No Positive or Negative feelings - on contract

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Rate - 401K (no match), Pre-tax Transit, Skillsoft

Cons

Client cut rate to Tek, Tek immediately cut all contractors same amount

Advice to Management

Make contractors feel part of company