Good foot in the door

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

o - Weekly pay o - Better medical/dental/vision benefits than some permanent employee jobs I've had o - Depending on the market and your skills, they can have you into a position quickly o - This is my second contract with Tek; previous one was over 10 years ago. I haven't changed banks, and my first paycheck with the new contract was direct deposited o - 401K (no match, but most places don't anymore, and some don't even offer it) o - Online paystubs & tax forms o - My first contract with them resulted in a full-time position that lasted 7 years after I was hired, and several of my colleagues on this project have also been hired.

Cons

o - There is an absolutely ridiculous (as in, patently absurd) variation in pay rates for the contractors on my project, much of which seems to have little to nothing to do with past experience or qualifications. o - The agency absolutely needs to be pushing for raises when people have been with the agency/contract six months, a year, two years, and they seem to be letting the company recommend that. We've lost good people because they couldn't get compensated reasonably (granted, some of that is on the company, not the agency) o - They will allow you to take PTO but the amount has to be calculated out of your hourly rate in advance.

Advice to Management

If possible, factor in a consultant's longevity. If they've been on the project a year and have been performing, get them a raise. If they've been around for two years, start offering them the same PTO benefits and retirement matches you're giving your account managers.

Other Employee Reviews for TEKsystems

1. Just a job.

Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Broussard, LA
    Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Broussard, LA

Pros

- Easy entry into IT for someone needing a starting point - Access to tons of online training courses with Skill Point - Decent selection of online tools (HR, pay, time submission, career tools, etc)

Cons

- Minimal guidance and communication from management. - From my experience, this is really "just a job" with minimal opportunities to advance. - Benefits are practically non existent. Acceptance of any type of benefit results in a substantial pay cut and renegotiation of your contract. (for example, you will get paid a couple bucks less an hour if you opt for vacation days) - Expected to work holidays without any kind of compensation

Advice to Management

Work with employees more to help with job placement and career growth. Find a way to incorporate benefits without minimizing employee's pay.

No Positive or Negative feelings - on contract

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Rate - 401K (no match), Pre-tax Transit, Skillsoft

Cons

Client cut rate to Tek, Tek immediately cut all contractors same amount

Advice to Management

Make contractors feel part of company