TEKsystems

www.teksystems.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems

I was a contractor with Teksystems to for FirstGroup America in Cincinnati Ohio.

Current Employee - Senior Service Desk Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Senior Service Desk Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

The staff at Teksystems and FirstGroup were very friendly and supportive.

Cons

A con for Teksystems is that the pay is a little low for Help Desk contractors. A con for FirstGroup America would be too many staff changes to the IT Department. There is no job security for IT employees due to constant outsourcing of IT related functions.

Advice ot Teksystems would be to pay your contractors a little more to beat out the competition. Advice to FirstGroup Management would be to have more IT related team building activities because there is a strong devide between IT Staff and IT Management.

1068 Other Employee Reviews for TEKsystems (View Most Recent)

Friendly, professional, body-shop company

Current Employee - Contractor in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Contractor in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

Great access to good jobs that you simply won't be able to find on your own. TEKsystems staff are very friendly, they are prompt with payment, and they are great to work with.

Cons

The benefits are much worse than you can purchase on your own as an individual. The jobs are "at will" so there is no real guarantee that you will have billable hours.

A little effort to make the product (contractors, consultants) feel like they are "part of" TEKsystems might be a good idea.

Good foot in the door

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

o - Weekly pay
    o - Better medical/dental/vision benefits than some permanent employee jobs I've had
    o - Depending on the market and your skills, they can have you into a position quickly
    o - This is my second contract with Tek; previous one was over 10 years ago. I haven't changed banks, and my first paycheck with the new contract was direct deposited
    o - 401K (no match, but most places don't anymore, and some don't even offer it)
    o - Online paystubs & tax forms
    o - My first contract with them resulted in a full-time position that lasted 7 years after I was hired, and several of my colleagues on this project have also been hired.

Cons

o - There is an absolutely ridiculous (as in, patently absurd) variation in pay rates for the contractors on my project, much of which seems to have little to nothing to do with past experience or qualifications.
    o - The agency absolutely needs to be pushing for raises when people have been with the agency/contract six months, a year, two years, and they seem to be letting the company recommend that. We've lost good people because they couldn't get compensated reasonably (granted, some of that is on the company, not the agency)
    o - They will allow you to take PTO but the amount has to be calculated out of your hourly rate in advance.

If possible, factor in a consultant's longevity. If they've been on the project a year and have been performing, get them a raise. If they've been around for two years, start offering them the same PTO benefits and retirement matches you're giving your account managers.

There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems