TEKsystems

There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems

Great people who care

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I loved working for Teksystems. They were very informative and worked diligently to get another contract for me when the one I was on got cut short due to budget issues. They also are very direct and helpful.

Cons

It's contract work so although this is a great company you don't want to work for them for a long time.

992 Other Employee Reviews for TEKsystems (View Most Recent)

Don't expect any personalized treatment or quality benefits

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In my area, TEKsystems offered the best hourly rate for the state contract position I was applying for. Strangely, the fact that I can turn down any benefits such as health, dental and vacation is a plus when working with TEKsystems (more below).

Cons

TEKsystems offers benefits and vacation, purely as a formality to get people in the door. Some call them a joke, but I consider them an insult. They do not offer a full coverage health plan, and instead have several levels of sub-par "limited" plans, with the best plan costing $275 a week to cover a whole family. That's right, $275 a week for limited coverage! I find it humorous that TEKsystems has been able to use the same Obamacare insurance loophole that McDonalds uses to keep offering sub-par coverage, but at least McDonald's reasoning is that their employees could not afford quality insurance! Vacation is another joke, as the drop in your pay rate will cost you *MORE* a year than if you just didn't work the hours you are taking off! Having consulted with them for 3 years now, the first thing I tell people when asking about this field is to first shop around with other vendors and if TEKsystems is by far the best option, look into private insurance options.

Google "TEKsystems joke" and see all of the raving reviews you are getting on the web. When the vast majority of articles are legal briefings on how you are trying to screw over ex-consultants, you know that your reputation is hurting. Treat your consultants as if they were your employees. It's amazing to see how happy your internal employees are, but that can most likely be explained by the completely different set of benefits and perks they receive.

Decent recruiting company to work for

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

Great recruiters that are very attentative

Cons

Young recruiting staff difficult to navigate process once hired.

There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems