Great Company for Contract Work

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bloomington, IL
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at TEKsystems (More than a year)

Pros

They have great pay and good benefits for families.

Cons

The positions are for contact positions have an end date of course.

Advice to Management

Great company for staff augmentation.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. You work hard and you get rewarded for it.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are willing to put in the time and effort it takes to do well, the reward is a great work environment, great relationships and very competitive pay. Goals are very realistic. It's not a cut throat environment, yet it's competitive. If you do the work, but the numbers don't add up, people will help you.

Cons

Work/Life balance is a challenge.

Senior Accounts Manager (8+ years)

Current Employee - Accounts Manager
    Current Employee - Accounts Manager

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Easy entry with little experience. Can get to 6 figures in 2 years or less. Fast paced with a young demographic much like the groups that are naturally social that you would want to have a beer with. Great place to build a marketable skill set while making well above average income along the way.

Cons

High turnover. 50% of the company has been there less than a year. Consistently dropping compensation plans. Immediately after being added to the fortune's top employers, they introduced a policy that slowly ends your commission even when your employee is still working. As you develop you territory, management will take portions of it to provide a territory for a new salesperson. They will not hesitate to take people out of major accounts and give them to someone senior that has had a large downturn in business. Huge diversity initiative and they are shamelessly putting underqualified females and minorties in rapid advancement positions. Becoming very documentation driven, process for the sake of process.

Advice to Management

Be consistent. Evaluate plans deeper before rolling out major initiatives as it creates a flavor of the month feel and negatively impacts adoption rates. Senior leadership could really impact the bottom line by evaluating how involved a director is in the branch. I worked for 3 ansd received strategic direction from one. I had one DBO go on a sales meeting while watching a competitor fly by TEK in a 4 year timeframe starting from scratch by actively going on meetings, making calls, building/leveraging relationships to increase business. After asking him the role he played and then me talking about my current leadership he replied, "If he is not going on meetings and helping you guys put together account/territory plans, then what is he doing? I literally might as well be sitting at the house based on what you are saying." It is absolutely okay to let someone have more than 30k worth of business. I broke a branch record with one recruiter while missing several million due to lack of delivery even after escalating to the RVP level and the NRC level. Get back to the culture you built your success on. It sure feels like feedback has stopped at the DBO level and above out of fear. You now have a serve up culture and it appears you want people to leave to capture ghost spread because everyone is replaceable. In your words "These are not your consultants, they are TEK's consultants, These are not your customers, they are TEK's customers." I would stop saying that as you gain nothing from it even if you believe it. Your competitors have been courting me for years stating that you believe that the TEK experience is driven by the company versus relationships with actual TEK producers. It is perfectly okay to swap reps as TEK is really why deals are happening anyway. Well, you are getting it handed to you in my market. I will be out of there very shortly as it is cost prohibitive to stay. Best of luck. Thanks for the good years, I will try to focus on those. In the end, I am embarrassed for you in how me and many of my peers were treated by a director you never supervised.