There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems

If you want to be in sales, this is the place to be!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If sales is what you want to do, there is no better company to work for. The work is more intellectually interesting than a lot of sales jobs allow for and you get to make a real impact on people's lives and companies' goals. If you're fresh out of school and not sure what you want, this is an amazing place to learn a lot at a rapid pace--you get ample practice in networking and building effective relationships, the opportunity to witness the inner workings of Fortune 500 companies that TEK staffs, and are encouraged to communicate your way through a myriad of tough conflicts and scenarios. You can also make pretty great money if you work hard.

Cons

The company sometimes acts like there are a lot of opportunities outside of sales functions, but there really aren't. It can also be really process heavy, to the detriment of employee productivity and happiness.

Advice to Management

Communicate directly and in an upfront manner about policy changes and advancement opportunities. Recognize that too much process feels like micro-management.

Other Employee Reviews for TEKsystems

1. Great company to work for.

Former Contractor - PTC Implementation Consultant in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Contractor - PTC Implementation Consultant in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Never had any issues with my expense checks like some of my coworkers were having. Recruiting staff was great.

Cons

Only worked for the company for about six months. Didn't work there long enough to find any issues for working there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

2. Great Foot in the Door!

I worked at TEKsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TEK has been fantastic to work for. If a position opened up they knew I'd be interested in they contacted me immediately and let me know about it. They chased positions for me for almost a year before they found one I wanted to take, never giving up on me. The pay has always been competitive and since I don't need benefits usually actually better than those working directly on the contract.

Cons

1) Have a plan for benefits or another source if you're working temp contracting, but that's not just with TEK, that's with every short term contract situation.