There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems

Long hours and low compensation

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at TEKsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cowokers are typically all A type, similar personalities. The long hours are almost bearable when you are surrounded by an office full of your friends

Cons

TekSystems is successful because they prey on new grads (who do not know any better), and offer them the world. They work you 55 hours a week minimum, and hound you if you come in later than 7:30 am or leave before 6pm. There are weekend "optional" hours, but they aren't optional if you want to keep your job. When I finally had enough of the abuse (a year and a half later), and attempted to put my two weeks in, they were very unprofessional and beat me down about my lack of commitment to the company and cause (who knows what the "cause" is). I left in late 2013, along with about half of my office - Teksystems has sued a multitude of my previous co-workers for their "non-compete" clauses, and made it VERY hard for local recruiters to get a job with anyone but them. I strongly recommend not accepting a job with TEK as a recruiter or sales person.

Advice to Management

Stop suing your past employees, and forcing people to work weekends.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Unethical company

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

TekSystems has lot of contacts with clients all over the country and can offer you really good opportunities. They were there when I started my career.

Cons

In my case they have a 55% cut (they give me $35 when they get $75 from the client). On top of that I took my last day off and they did not pay me for that. I bet you all the positive ratings on glass door are fake. I have so many friends who hate TekSystems and want to leave TekSystems.

Advice to Management

Be more ethical

They work to get you working, in tech.

Former Contractor - Implementation Field Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Contractor - Implementation Field Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I had great experiences with TEKsytems. They were very professionally staffed, well trained and communicated quickly and effectively to any and all needs I would have while on a job site. My recruiter was always on top of her game. They did a very good job at getting me working in my desired fields within Wireless technology and implementation. They also pushed to get me the monetary requirements I desired.

Cons

Only problem I encountered was being placed with a group of four guys for a project, and one was a 'bad apple'. His behavior and attitude had us all dismissed within the first two days. It was an embarrassing experience, myself and two others were working hard and doing our jobs, yet we were let go. (TEKSystems did do a decent job of making sure that wouldn't happen again. They found me more work quickly).

Advice to Management

When picking people for jobs, remember a knucklehead is always a knucklehead and a performer is always a performer.