There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems

TEKsystems is a hard working and Ethical staffing/recruiting company.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

TEKsystems truely cares about people, their careers, and lives. Operations within TEKsystems is a lot like a hard working family. The sales and recruiters work toward common goals and believe in the value they add to technical professionals and it's customers.

Cons

Any time you work with people as a product you have to deal with the human element. Recruiters in general are given a bad stigma because of the fact that there are bad recruiters out there. TEKsystems is an ethical company that believes in the true concept of adding value. Some candidates have been burnt in the past and this lack of trust in the industry leads to self motivated miscommunication between sales and technical professionals.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire the best people with good work ethic and strong social/competitive drive.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. They treat me well, with regular raises.

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TEKsystems

Pros

The recruiters tend to maintain very close relationships with their employess. After a year of employment with TekSystems, I am treated to a very nice lunch at least once a month by my recruiter or the account manager. TekSystems management maintains great communication with me, and reward me when it is warranted. Based on performance, I have received 3 raises (healthy) since I was hired, and they have never misled me.

Cons

Different people may have different experiences based on who their recruiter is. Some recruiters don't maintain any kind of professional relationship with their people, but personally mine does quite well. Thats the only thing I can think of as far as downsides.

Advice to Management

I have minimal contact with any kind of management at TekSystems. I am a contractor at a very large telecommunications company in the US, and most of my interaction is with that company.

If you like being an INDIVIDUAL DO not apply here!

Former Employee - MOS in Hanover, MD
    Former Employee - MOS in Hanover, MD

I worked at TEKsystems

Pros

Paid every week. Bonuses and profit sharing checks. The on boarding process was great for the first two weeks, which sucks you into their "Core Values".

Cons

After you have bought into the con of their "Core Values", you think that you have actually stumbled onto a great company, but your just not paid enough. However, sometimes if the atmosphere is good and there are other benefits, you over look the low pay. Unfortunately, you become a robot. It's somewhat like being in basic training for the military. You are now no longer to think for yourself. If you disagree with upper management, be prepared to find your job posted online. I know of people who have gone to HR because of the unfair treatment and, HR ignored their complaints and concerns.

Advice to Management

Because the corporate office is a small office, there needs to be a third party involved with complaints and concerns, because if an employee has disagreed with management, they are reprimanded or encouraged to quit. There needs to be a neutral party making HR decisions because they are very biased, and look out for their "friends" instead of handling the issues at hand or trying to prevent a lawsuit.