There are newer employer reviews for TELUS Mobility

great company to work for

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at TELUS Mobility

Pros

relaxed atmosphere
great co-workers
bennefits are good
pay is more than average for this position
overtime is available
time off is available
I pay nothing per month for my cellphone and get a lot of minutes and features
I get $100 off the price of any cell phone then 40% off the remaining price. soon it will change and we will get free data devices
You get access to things that most people have no idea about. this can be an advantage as long as you dont use it maliciously

Cons

not for me, i am a good worker. if you are an idiot things are different

keep up the good work
they provide me with statistics on how i perform the job and make suggestions on how i can improve.

158 Other Employee Reviews for TELUS Mobility (View Most Recent)

incrediably lucky and ineffective company

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I worked at TELUS Mobility

Pros

There are two main reasons that made working at Telus barable. The first is that every year you receive a five hundred dollar discount for the purchase of a new data device. Your position also comes with a sweet employee plan that costs 15 dollars a month. the "plan" basically includes unlimited everything. the second thing that was ok about working at Telus is that you can basically take off time whenever you want and if the manager doesn't agree to let you have the time off you can just call in "sick". They will never fire you. They will only try to make your life miserable.

Cons

Where do I start? First of all, they do not make it easy to sell the products. Every other company in the cell phone business attacks the other companies or at least give many reasons why they are better. All the customers can say about our marketing practises is that we use really cool animals in our commercials. The cutesy ads do not work. People want hard facts as to why we are better. The people they hire are also questionable. None of them are impressive at all. They seriously look and act like the shunned kids in highschool that grew up to be .... well nothing.

BE STRATEGIC!!! it is not enough to just sell p[roducts or worry that you havent sold enough phones. \you have to actually device some plans on how to build the business. And train your sales reps on how to sell...

TELUS: A really good place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst  in  Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TELUS Mobility

Pros

Good culture, good compensation/benefits and nice work/life balance. While some processes are cumbersome, the IT organization provides a great opportunity to be on the leading edge of new technology. Really good people across all levels in the organization.

Cons

Being part of a company of over 30 000 can be challenging (as opposed to Mobility which was much smaller).

Keep up the good work - excellent communication with all levels in the organization.

There are newer employer reviews for TELUS Mobility

Worked for TELUS Mobility? Contribute to the Community!