There are newer employer reviews for TELUS

TELUS invests a great deal of time and money into training it's employees

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at TELUS

Pros

Great training program, benefits start on day one (increase once probation is complete), extremely positive work environment.

Cons

As a customer care rep, day-to-day experiencedepends on the manager you're assigned to. My manager is forward-thinking, involves team in planning events, contests, "team builders". Other teams are worried about not meeting sales targets; I've seen more than one agen close to tears for not meeting hers.

Advice to Management

Give all team members a chance to work on extra projects and have a chance to get off the phones once in a while; not just the ones who are constantly brown-nosing.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at TELUS

Pros

Total compensation, growth opportunities, benefits, strong brand, strong revenue

Cons

Organization strycture, communication, senior level (EVP, SVP) management

2. Excellent work if you can find it.

Current Employee - Business Analyst I
    Current Employee - Business Analyst I

I have been working at TELUS

Pros

Company is very community and people focused. There is a significant push from management for employees to develop a career path. Training opportunities are available.

Environment is very work-life balanced oriented, ability to work from home and with a flexible schedule.

The work we do is not micro-managed, and team members are given the opportunity to debate different approaches with management.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement are not competitive with standard consulting firms--as a result compensation is not as competitive, especially after the first 3 years (however hours are much more reasonable).

Constant re-orgs/re-structuring are stressful and make it hard to work in a strategic planning setting.

Sometimes getting new ideas implemented you run into some 'old school' directors/managers who shut down innovation.

Advice to Management

Get a handle on the re-orgs.