TELUS

www.telus.com
  www.telus.com
There are newer employer reviews for TELUS

Dynamic, Fun place to work

Former Employee - Accounts Executive in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Accounts Executive in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at TELUS

Pros

TELUS is a dynamic place to work if you are creative. The leadership is top quality and ones to follow. TELUS pays comptetive salaries and has a great Employee Share Purchase Plan where TELUS puts in $4.50 for every $10 invested by an employee. It is a high performance culture that rewards top performers. They take great care in hiring people and the interview process should be studied by outside companies. The people are fun to work with and after a few years you blead TELUS. TELUS will continue to grow and expand into Eastern Canada which opens up more opporunity.

Cons

TELUS goes through cycles where they have layoffs and it can be hard on moral. The compensation plan can change year by year. So you offer letter may differ from year to year.

Make sure lower level managers are making good local decisions.

600 Other Employee Reviews for TELUS (View Most Recent)

If only the public knew the ugly truth about TELUS

Current Employee - CPE Telus Solns Until My Title Changes for the Fifth Time in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at TELUS

Pros

It depends on what side of the fence you are on. If you are someone who takes pride in doing a good job, ensuring customer satisfaction and you are allowed to take care of your customers needs, all while making money for the Shareholders, then it is a win win for everyone.

However, if you have choosen to believe everything your employer has told you, and have no problems crossing picket lines, then you have what it takes to be a TELUS Supervisor.

In the past, there was strong focus on training. As of late, much of that training has been taken away.
    Fortunately if you require specific tools to do your job, depending upon your supervisor, you generally get those tools.

Lets not forget, that $0.18 per hr raise this past January. Now that is going to go a long way in helping to pay the bills.

Cons

You can have 30 plus years of service, yet cannot get time off because TELUS keeps playing with the numbers within your work group so that only one of you can be off at a time. This is not the same within all the work groups, but is quite common.

Fellow workers who crossed your picket line, are now your Supervisors.

Depending upon your work group, concerned you will even have a job as TELUS leadership has no loyalty to the workers who helped make us a once proud "top ten company"; and have choosen during this downturn in our economy to terminate employees; to instead hire "overseas" workers. Thus hurting our own economy.

Knowing that $150 million dollars was paid out in 2008 for bonuses, yet the actual workers received some 25% of that. Which means, upper Management continue to line their pockets at the expense of shareholders.

To now have to work for a company in which "greed" for profit is the only driving force behind TELUS. When you have a CEO in untouchable control of a once Great Corporation and all you can do is watch it crumble, from department to department; and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it; except walk away and retire.

Then you find, Mr. Entwhisle wants to gain control of your pension fund. "When will this nightmare end?"

Terminate Darren Entwhisle and the entire Board of Directors.

Great co-workers, excellent social responsibility but...

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at TELUS

Pros

Education assistance, great co-workers and opportunity to learn. I have been able to take courses to improve my skills and gain knowledge in a variety of areas.
    Opporutnity to work from home or participate in employee giving campaigns. Excellent social responsibility programs.

Cons

Work life balance is very poor, continual conflict between union and company. Upper management makes it very clear that you need to be putting in a minimum of 9 to 10 hours a day in order to succeed. No one should be sending emails in the middle of the night but that's the way to get ahead.
    Unrealisitic expectations from management on time management and work loads.

Reduce money spent on conferences and such, move that to salaries. Stop throwing money at sales, and stop reducing management benefits. I am continually asked to do more, but get less pay, less benefits and less recognition.

There are newer employer reviews for TELUS