Great Stable work.

Pros

Allows Work From Home. Has nice Laptops for work + another monitor so you get a big workspace. flexible time. nice co - workers and nice boss as well in the main office in canada

Cons

It's a big company so there will be politics ne way or another. Each team (as far as I'm concerned in my work) takes care of its own problems only. Once they see the message passed to their system is correct, pass it along to the next in line to check. It seems to me problems will be solved if both teams work more together than just passing stuff around and forgetting about it. Too many meetings, you won't have time to get things done in the office at times (depends on your position).

Advice to Management

keep up the good work! I know a lot of people who love the company and love their work here.

Other Employee Reviews for TELUS

1. A great employer

Former Employee - Client Care Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Client Care Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TELUS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young company, many opportunities for advancement, personable management

Cons

New management, increased responsibility without increased pay, had to help the company grow in the US from the first day (not necessarily a bad thing to me. I enjoyed it.)

This program was the most unorganized, ill thought position available.

Former Employee - Dell Printer Sales in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Dell Printer Sales in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Commission structure was great, until they capped the commission, then capped commission again, and later informed us that our commission would be docked according to breaks taken in excess of 30 minutes a day however they did not correctly identify break times and choose to doc commission based of time spent away from phone based on bathroom time., work week Monday thru Friday, work hours 6am - 2:30 pm

Cons

Management very disorganized. Management would not put anything in writing to prove exactly what the rate of pay was from one week to the next. Commission structure changed several times within a 1 months time spand to cover Telus bottom line. Management favored coworkers based on personal relationships not on actual work performance. Companies like this are a vial waste of time and are filled with empty promises. Programs are started and closed to make companies look good-like they are bringing jobs back to the US. When in real life these jobs are still being serviced by Manilla, and other 3rd world countries that take US jobs away from Americans, however what more would you expect from a Canadian run brand.

Advice to Management

Management must learn how to treat employees correctly. People looking for work are not live stock, and hearding people in and out of a business is not practical nor is it beneficial to a work environment. If you require your employees to not use cell phone on the floor then common sense would tell you not to use yours on the floor too. Spending time with your employees may increase production, spending less time surfing the web, and texting (taking personal cell phone calls) while on the floor may actually make you look like you care about your position. Yes Veronica Ogletree and Joe Ferranti this means you!!!