TELUS
www.telus.com Vancouver, Canada 5000+ Employees

Typical of a large (Canadian) company. A company with such diversity of business has good and bad sides.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsReasonable benefits. Reasonable work/life balance although it depends on the nature of the job. This company is very keen on flexible hours and working from home so it is great for a variety of lifestyles. They are good at providing the required tools such as laptops, cell phones. There are many business units within the company and therefore plenty of different types of jobs with varying degrees of skill sets.

ConsThey do not live up to all their promises agreed to during the hiring process. Incentives tend to be forgotten over time. Personal performance reviews tend to be linked to overall wage ceilings as opposed to personal performance. Opportunity for training is restricted by cost and some technical departments only reward those who rate high on the curve following overall business unit performance reviews.

Solid Employer

Business Analyst II (Current Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at TELUS full-time for more than a year

Pros: They look after you. Great group to work with and… Cons: None spring immediately to mind Advice to Senior Management: Continue to invest in your people! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at TELUS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Workstyle work from home perk, flexibility, and a lot of internal opportunities available.… Cons: Salary is only meeting industry standard. Telus isn't willing to invest in systems and tools, and… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in revamping the legacy tools thus eliminating the redundant… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on TELUS.

Worked for TELUS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TELUS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TELUS CEO Darren Entwistle. All reviews posted anonymously by TELUS employees.