TELUS
www.telus.com Vancouver, Canada 5000+ Employees

It's a growing company, still on the stage of experimenting the structure.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

ProsCo-workers are young adults - not immature but not close-minded - so I get along with them. For some reason, they attract decent workers. The office was spacious and vibrant. My supervisors have a lot to improve, but they just got the job from being a customer service representative so they're merely grasping. The good thing though is they promote from within first before searching for an outside candidate if there is an open position.

I like the freedom to do what I wish, which can turn into a disadvantage for the company.

ConsThe training period could improve. It's too long and so it got too boring. The trainer gave us too many breaks, told unrelated stories and showed random videos on YouTube just to fill in the time. A lot of times, we just watch him use his iPhone or write an email on the projector. Then the final examination was too brief that it irate two people on our class into quitting.

There is terrible communication between departments. HR people don't know that they have a new position open. The supervisors are guessing when the agents ask them questions, which led to misinformation.

For me, and this is based on my personality, the job as a call center agent was boring. I sit on my computer all day and does the same thing. It felt like I'm only using 0.02% of my brain. This is a con for the job, not for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company policies are not strongly implemented - work on it.

Great learning experience working in an outsource call center

Fraud Analyst (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TELUS full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great location close to home saved on gas Cons: High turnover and a business dress code is needed Advice to Senior Management: communication with employees needs little improvement Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not Very Good - No Teamwork

I have been working at TELUS full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good benefits, some good people stuck in a terrible organization. Cons: Lower level management only wants to advanced their own career. They… Advice to Senior Management: Place sucks No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on TELUS.

Worked for TELUS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TELUS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TELUS CEO Darren Entwistle. All reviews posted anonymously by TELUS employees.