There are newer employer reviews for TELUS

Great people/team members, high workload on a small team

Former Employee - Product Manager
Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at TELUS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work hours, work from home. Collaborative teams across the company, even with remote offices. I worked on a small team, and genuinely enjoyed the company of my peers, and would socialize with them outside of work.

Cons

Small team, insufficient resources when managing multiple product lines. You'll have to wear multiple hats and getting campaigns off the ground can get caught up in process and really slow things down

550 Other Employee Reviews for TELUS (View Most Recent)

Perhaps the best company I've worked for in the past decade.

Former Employee - Corporate Communications
    Former Employee - Corporate Communications

I worked at TELUS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you're on a good team/department you'll find the following is true:
    - Great opportunities to learn and grow your career
    - Highly successful, innovative and organized teams
    - Excellent benefits, perks and incentives for those who work hard
    - Incredibly talented and gracious professionals to work with
    - Flexible work schedules/styles; working remotely is common and little micro-managing

Cons

- Transparency is still an issue between HR/executives and general employees
    - Some rules don't apply to all employees across the board

Be open and honest with your team. They don't mind hearing the truth even if it isn't positive.

It's a growing company, still on the stage of experimenting the structure.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TELUS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers are young adults - not immature but not close-minded - so I get along with them. For some reason, they attract decent workers. The office was spacious and vibrant. My supervisors have a lot to improve, but they just got the job from being a customer service representative so they're merely grasping. The good thing though is they promote from within first before searching for an outside candidate if there is an open position.

I like the freedom to do what I wish, which can turn into a disadvantage for the company.

Cons

The training period could improve. It's too long and so it got too boring. The trainer gave us too many breaks, told unrelated stories and showed random videos on YouTube just to fill in the time. A lot of times, we just watch him use his iPhone or write an email on the projector. Then the final examination was too brief that it irate two people on our class into quitting.

There is terrible communication between departments. HR people don't know that they have a new position open. The supervisors are guessing when the agents ask them questions, which led to misinformation.

For me, and this is based on my personality, the job as a call center agent was boring. I sit on my computer all day and does the same thing. It felt like I'm only using 0.02% of my brain. This is a con for the job, not for the company.

The company policies are not strongly implemented - work on it.

There are newer employer reviews for TELUS

Worked for TELUS? Contribute to the Community!