TEOCO

www.teoco.com

TEOCO: Turning TGIFs into TGIMs

Employee Coach (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsNot everything is right for everyone. But something is always right for someone. Like every organization, TEOCO has it's strengths as well as its challenges. This is a great place for some, and not for others. You may enjoy being part of TEOCO if:

* Work/life balance and peace of mind that comes with working with a caring group and for a financially strong organization is far more important to you than simply the size of your paycheck.
* You value stability, where as long as you perform, you can be reasonably assured you'll be working and not be constantly worrying what will happen given the on-going short-term economic fluctuations.
* Where you get to be more of who you are and you get to do more of what you do well and enjoy doing, and less of what you don't.
* You enjoy being part of a team where people care for each other, where team success is valued along with individual success, where giving is valued more than receiving.
* Doing great work in and of itself gives you great deal of joy. And the rest is just more icing on the cake.
* A growing organization that values achieving managable growth and at the same time values being debt free, reinvesting it's profits for sake of long-term success and stability over short-term gains.
* A place where you are treated with respect as a human being, and not just a cog in the wheel.
* Where the CEO takes an active interest in it's employees to make sure they are experiencing joy at work and are achieving what truly matters to them in their life, and not just at work.
* It's a place where communication is open. For example, where financials are openly shared, where the CEO has the courage to openly admit what he doesn't know and where he isn't afraid to ask for help from his team.

At TEOCO, daily we strive to be a better and better place to work. While we're doing lots of things well, we realize we can still do better, and we're trying. So if you want to be part of a team where you get to have a say and you enjoy being part of the solution, come talk to us.

ConsWhat one considers a con is subject to one's personal values, perspectives, and how one sees what one sees. Having said that, following could be considered cons by some:

* It's a relatively flat organization. If you desire fast upward mobility with big titles, this place is not for you.
* TEOCO is very cost conscious with a clean yet no frills environment (which btw is what also makes it financially strong and gives it the ability to weather ups and downs that occur). If you're a big spender and you like lots of fancy frills, TEOCO is not for you.
* If having the largest paycheck possible is most important to you and not much else matters, don't bother applying at TEOCO.
* Decision making is thoughtful and takes time. If you're a maverick, a high risk taker, and you want to move FAST, you may find TEOCO challenging.
* If you value short-term gains over long-term success, TEOCO is not for you.
* If your primary focus is on "What's In It Me" over "What's In It For Us", then TEOCO may not be for you.
* TEOCO is a family environment where team members think of each other and care for each other, and as with any large family it has it's joys as well as it's challenges. Ask yourself how you funcation in a large family. If you don't love that, then also TEOCO may be challenging for you.

If these cons don't seem as cons to you and the Pros resonate with you, you may want to talk to us.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome members of the Senior Leadership team could be a bit more visible.

Looking for job satisfaction? THIS is the place you want to be!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

I have been working at TEOCO full-time for less than a year

Pros: A firm belief in treating employees with respect and value. A flat management structure, with an open-door policy,… Cons: You won't have a salary as high as other telecom companies, but this is far… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to make yourselves available to employees - it's so refreshing to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Could be a good company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

I have been working at TEOCO

Pros: You can develop your ideas at TEOCO with support from management. There is a good… Cons: CEO believes he's God's gift to employees, but he gets in the way a lot and overestimates the company's "employer friendliness".… Advice to Senior Management: Improve compensation relative to competitors and attract higher quality people. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on TEOCO.

Worked for TEOCO? Contribute to the Community!