There are newer employer reviews for TESSCO

Salaries are VERY top heavy --

I have been working at TESSCO

Pros

Good benefits
Clean, renovated, professional environment
Industry is growing rapidly so lots of new and interesting things happening

Cons

Team members have been asked to take reduced salaries or been laid off, but Sr Leadership still making same salaries as previous years -- VERY HIGH TOP HEAVY

Leadership always publishing that TESSCO had record quarters, record months, record years -- but then internally we are told things are not good so no bonuses, freeze on raises, etc.

Goals are changed in the MIDDLE OR AFTER a month or quarter has ended. So when you think you are getting a certain amount based on contribution, you never can depend on it. Typical team members are saying “Oh yeah – great qtr but guarantee they will find a way not to pay you for it.” This change in goals/ bonuses has happened many times – it goes on all the time.

Told no Holiday party last year but would be Summer Picnic party instead -- didn’t happen – no money to fund it BUT again bragging about record year, record qtrs, etc --

Team members have to ASK for a raise thru a LONG, poorly designed document. Every one of these written requests has to be reviewed by a team of Sr Leadership for approval-- the requests are reviewed only once per month and that mtg is regularly canceled. Many don’t ask because they are intimidated. I think that is what TESSCO wants.

For those who do submit a request for comp adj, it takes MONTHS to get it approved. Leaders can’t get people who deserve a raise anything or it truly takes an average of 4-6 months to get approval – and no retro pay. DISGRACEFUL.

Have annual reviews -- revise the Comp Adj form.

Stop changing policies in the middle of a month, qtr --- like the one that recently took away qtr bonuses. That was decided at the END of first qtr. Many team members were counting on that money. Many were not even told and were asking where the money was.

Stop the once per month Comp Adj Review by Sr Leadership. You all are never all avail to make it so it is canceled all the time which means another month that person must wait. Give the team leader the decision. They are the ones who KNOW the person. Not allowing them to decide takes away the respect they deserve.

Stop sending these mixed msgs to team members that we are doing so great, then a week later we are doing so badly. What is it? How as managers do we explain this to our teams?

Team members should get together and create a union. TESSCO is prime for it based on the way they treat team members. They work to get paid, so PAY them -- and within reasonable time.

38 Other Employee Reviews for TESSCO (View Most Recent)

Cult

Former Employee - V P
    Former Employee - V P

I worked at TESSCO

Pros

Dedicated employees who want to make a difference

Cons

CEO who wants to revered as cult hero. Could care less about his employees, Its all about him

Quality company . Cult-like enviroment, Ladder climbing peers

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at TESSCO

Pros

Excellent benefits, fair compensation, terrific training

Cons

Fierce pressure to perform. Not a nurturing enviroment. Pretty much do or die....proven by the 20% turnover y/y. Limited collaboration between teams.

Listen to the front line feed back and question the management..

There are newer employer reviews for TESSCO