TESSCO

www.tessco.com
  www.tessco.com
There are newer employer reviews for TESSCO

The best job I ever had.

Former Employee - Consumer Sales
Former Employee - Consumer Sales

I worked at TESSCO

Pros

Structured system, great pay, good benefits, wonderful people, equal treatment between all departments. You can see the difference you make, and you are recognized for your contribution. Very professional company that lets you have fun too.
The best job I ever had, unfortunatly I didn't realize it until I left and would give anything to go back.

Cons

The structured sales system is a little to stringent.

Continue the course, and always strive for higher, Faster, Stronger!

39 Other Employee Reviews for TESSCO (View Most Recent)

Great Company, Management needs work

I have been working at TESSCO

Pros

Good benefits, very friendly people, salary is somewhat competitive, but you really have to ask for it. Very good company to build relationships in the industry, for further career growth

Cons

Management may have been able to handle the company 10+ years ago, but it has grown beyond the competence level of current management. Serious management overhaul is needed to maintain success.

Start trusting your employees to do their jobs, stop micromanaging, and get your managers to do management work, instead of trying to pass blame constantly. Learn what risk and ROI are for projects, and how to accurately gauge a projects value based on these and other factors.

Salaries are VERY top heavy --

I have been working at TESSCO

Pros

Good benefits
    Clean, renovated, professional environment
    Industry is growing rapidly so lots of new and interesting things happening

Cons

Team members have been asked to take reduced salaries or been laid off, but Sr Leadership still making same salaries as previous years -- VERY HIGH TOP HEAVY

Leadership always publishing that TESSCO had record quarters, record months, record years -- but then internally we are told things are not good so no bonuses, freeze on raises, etc.

Goals are changed in the MIDDLE OR AFTER a month or quarter has ended. So when you think you are getting a certain amount based on contribution, you never can depend on it. Typical team members are saying “Oh yeah – great qtr but guarantee they will find a way not to pay you for it.” This change in goals/ bonuses has happened many times – it goes on all the time.

Told no Holiday party last year but would be Summer Picnic party instead -- didn’t happen – no money to fund it BUT again bragging about record year, record qtrs, etc --

Team members have to ASK for a raise thru a LONG, poorly designed document. Every one of these written requests has to be reviewed by a team of Sr Leadership for approval-- the requests are reviewed only once per month and that mtg is regularly canceled. Many don’t ask because they are intimidated. I think that is what TESSCO wants.

For those who do submit a request for comp adj, it takes MONTHS to get it approved. Leaders can’t get people who deserve a raise anything or it truly takes an average of 4-6 months to get approval – and no retro pay. DISGRACEFUL.

Have annual reviews -- revise the Comp Adj form.

Stop changing policies in the middle of a month, qtr --- like the one that recently took away qtr bonuses. That was decided at the END of first qtr. Many team members were counting on that money. Many were not even told and were asking where the money was.

Stop the once per month Comp Adj Review by Sr Leadership. You all are never all avail to make it so it is canceled all the time which means another month that person must wait. Give the team leader the decision. They are the ones who KNOW the person. Not allowing them to decide takes away the respect they deserve.

Stop sending these mixed msgs to team members that we are doing so great, then a week later we are doing so badly. What is it? How as managers do we explain this to our teams?

Team members should get together and create a union. TESSCO is prime for it based on the way they treat team members. They work to get paid, so PAY them -- and within reasonable time.

There are newer employer reviews for TESSCO